AJ McCarron on the Move?

I see McCarron as essentially the same quarterback as Dalton without Dalton's experience. Which means he is not enough of a difference-maker to push the Bengals to any higher level than what they can achieve with Dalton even at the best I would believe possible out of McCarron. Because of that I would rather roll with Dalton's experience this year, especially with what it looks like our offensive line will be. The hopes for this year's Bengals team are all about the offensive line.

Great post. I can definitely buy everything you said here. I know Dalton will be the qb this year, and I hope he proves me wrong and he and this team takes the next step.

Now if he and the team fails again. I do think they should go in a different route with McCarron. Trade Dalton get high picks and keep restocking this roster with younger talent. This way the younger talent gets experience while McCarron is too, most likely still be competitive as well and then maybe be in a position to take a next step that they failed to do with Dalton is he fails again.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I posted in the other thread, most of the "experts" watching pre-season and daily practices see McCarron as having a really poor pre-season and Driskell impressing. I think the next big discussion on McCarron is not going to be whether he should start over Dalton. It is going to be "I can't believe the Bengals let him go and didn't get anything of value for him. Man, they blew that opportunity."

As I posted in the other thread, most of the "experts" watching pre-season and daily practices see McCarron as having a really poor pre-season and Driskell impressing. I think the next big discussion on McCarron is not going to be whether he should start over Dalton. It is going to be "I can't believe the Bengals let him go and didn't get anything of value for him. Man, they blew that opportunity."

Agree and disagree. I think they made the right choice keeping him because they already had a lot of picks. Plus with this line it's good to know you have someone you can win with if Dalton get hurts.

Plus since the team seems to think they will get to keep him one more year anyways based off of him being injured his first year. I see why they would keep him. No reason to move on if you think you still have him one more year. Now if he does get to leave after this year, I still don't think they messed it up. As mentioned I think he is more valuable to have this year as a backup than getting a draft pick would have been. But I know I am in the minority on that.

Agree and disagree. I think they made the right choice keeping him because they already had a lot of picks. Plus with this line it's good to know you have someone you can win with if Dalton get hurts.

Plus since the team seems to think they will get to keep him one more year anyways based off of him being injured his first year. I see why they would keep him. No reason to move on if you think you still have him one more year. Now if he does get to leave after this year, I still don't think they messed it up. As mentioned I think he is more valuable to have this year as a backup than getting a draft pick would have been. But I know I am in the minority on that.

You're right... McCarron being injured that first season is key...

I like him as back up this year too...

I would however try to get something for him next year....