AJ McCarron on the Move?

Agreed. Which I know we disagree on this. However especially if the Bengals get to keep McCarron one more year. If for some reason the Bengals just fall flat this year and miss the playoffs. I would start over by obviously not signing Marvin and trading Dalton for high draft picks. I think McCarrons it factor and leadership would be good for this younger team and would be a good place to start over.

It is Daltons team this year and I hope he plays great and the team does great, and we don't have to worry about all that other stuff.

We do disagree on AD.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think the Bengals are stupid for not trading him. Unless they what to pay him big bucks to sit the bench and plan to resign him, I would have already traded him. Trade him, sign Kap to cheap contract as a back up.

Yes and no. They already had a lot of draft picks this year. If they truly believe they will get to keep him one more year after this. Then there was no reason to trade him. Especially when we have these young tackles and could use a good backup that we know they could win games with still if Dalton goes down.

Plus with Marvins job basically being on the line this year. I believe they are trying to get over the top finally. If not I could see them moving on from Marvin and Dalton and starting over with McCarron to go with the younger talent they just drafted this year.

We do disagree on AD.

This is Daltons team this year and deserves to be. We have seen he needs a lot of talent around him to do well because he can't carry a team. Which as a passer McCarron wouldn't either. I just feel if they do fail to make the playoffs this year. Then it would be good to trade him. You would get a lot in return to keep adding more young talent. Plus you can still win with McCarron so it wouldn't be a full rebuild either. Then with his leadership and it factor it could be what gets this team to take the next step. Only if Dalton fails at getting them over that hump this year. Hopefully he does get them over the hump though. I been to five practices this year and Dalton has looked the best I seen him in all the years I went to practice.

Can we just see one season of Andy without Marvin before we change direction? I'm in on trading AJ and getting Kap on the horn too.

Don't mind the Kap thing just for change of pace if AD went down, however, I would not trade AJ this year. I'd keep him over Kap. In your scenario, Kap makes sense.

AD hasn't been our problem. Our self implosion has been our problem and that falls on the head coach, I think. I am still not sure how Mikey plays into things. I am not sure Marvin keeps Pac Man.

Yes and no. They already had a lot of draft picks this year. If they truly believe they will get to keep him one more year after this. Then there was no reason to trade him. Especially when we have these young tackles and could use a good backup that we know they could win games with still if Dalton goes down.

Plus with Marvins job basically being on the line this year. I believe they are trying to get over the top finally. If not I could see them moving on from Marvin and Dalton and starting over with McCarron to go with the younger talent they just drafted this year.

I'm not seeing what Bengals fans are I guess. He might end up being a great starter some day but there isn't near enough evidence to suggest that. This league as proven it will way over value a QB based on limited sample size.

...so you believe ML reins in QB's. AD was the most accurate long downfield passer in the NFL last year. So you think he should let him rip it more. Asking for a friend?

I think he reins in the offense in general. He's old school and fully subscribed to the importance of the running game in the post-season. Hate to tell ya Marv, but your running game ain't that great.

Everything I've read out of training camp is that McCarron has struggled since day 1.

He's a game manager, nothing more, which isn't bad if you like that type.

Which is what Dalton is. We have seen Dalton is not a qb who makes his teammates better. He has to have a lot of talent to do well. Plus it's not like he is winning shoot outs when they win games. He is a qb with a top 5 wr, a top 5 Te and besides last year usually has an overall top 10 in skill guys around him on offense.

All the talent around him makes him a little better than a game manager currently. Which is what I believe McCarron would be like to with that talent but more of a leader.

I been to 5 of the practices so far. Dalton has definitely looked better than McCarron. However one is throwing to guys like Green, Eifert, and others who he has chemistry with. While McCarron is throwing to guys who are learning the playbook and won't make the team.

I'm not seeing what Bengals fans are I guess. He might end up being a great starter some day but there isn't near enough evidence to suggest that. This league as proven it will way over value a QB based on limited sample size.

I can't disagree there. The one good thing is his limited sample size had to come in big moments. Monday night football with the two seed on the line on the road against the eventual super bowl champs defense in Denver. McCarron performed a lot better than we seen Dalton do in similar spots, even with Dalton having more experience. Then the playoff game against the Steelers in the playoffs in prime time. Which are all settings Dalton usually doesn't perform well in. McCarron while being only average for 3 quarters was able to put that behind him to lead them back to get the lead in the rain to what should have been a playoff win. So while it's a small sample size, it's a good sample size to look at with big moments.

Imo overall skill set in arm and legs, Dalton is better. However in terms of leadership and stepping up in big moments, I believe McCarron has that It factor for those moments. Which could be what this team needs to get over that hump. Hopefully that changes this year but up to this point Marvin and Dalton in prime time games and playoff games have failed mostly every time. Leadership or lack there of on the sidelines and on the field could be a reason for that.

[/b]

OL could be a factor

OL is undeniably a factor. If you and I can see that, why can't the guy whose job it is to see that see it?

Keep defenses honest, sure, but don't forget to show the guys outside some love, and for goodness' sake stop fair catching punts inside the 10.

I can't disagree there. The one good thing is his limited sample size had to come in big moments. Monday night football with the two seed on the line on the road against the eventual super bowl champs defense in Denver. McCarron performed a lot better than we seen Dalton do in similar spots, even with Dalton having more experience. Then the playoff game against the Steelers in the playoffs in prime time. Which are all settings Dalton usually doesn't perform well in. McCarron while being only average for 3 quarters was able to put that behind him to lead them back to get the lead in the rain to what should have been a playoff win. So while it's a small sample size, it's a good sample size to look at with big moments.

Imo overall skill set in arm and legs, Dalton is better. However in terms of leadership and stepping up in big moments, I believe McCarron has that It factor for those moments. Which could be what this team needs to get over that hump. Hopefully that changes this year but up to this point Marvin and Dalton in prime time games and playoff games have failed mostly every time. Leadership or lack there of on the sidelines and on the field could be a reason for that.

I'd say he was worse than just average in that playoff game.