Trump rebuked by Boy Scouts, cops, and military in single week of humiliation

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are invested, I sure hope you have made a nice profit in the last year. Heck, the last 7 years or so have been outstanding.

Exactly. I don't doubt Trump has made investors more comfortable, but stocks have done well for a while now.

I look forward to wage increases and unemployment continuing to go down.

At least he had enough respect for the organization to actually attend and speak...the last dude declined for 8 straight years....now that's showing respect !

I think it was pointed out that they only meet once ever four years. There were two opportunities that Obama had to speak. He videoed one and did not attend the other. I had a post earlier in this thread that showed which Presidents had and had not spoken to the group.

As for the respect he showed the organization, I'd prefer a "can not make it" to the profanity used by the President in his speech.

"I said, 'Who the hell wants to speak about politics when I'm in front of the Boy Scouts?' Right?"

Or this gem of advice to children.

"I saw him at a cocktail party, and it was very sad because the hottest people in New York were at this party."

Then spend the time talking about politics to the kids after saying "Who wants to speak about Politics?" Evidently, he does.

GDP is another indicator of economic strength , during Mr. Obama's 8 years GDP averaged 1.4 True, Mr. Obama came into office in 2009 facing a recession but the GDP for his first year was 2.8. Both he and Mr. Reagan came into office facing recessions, but that is where the similarity ends.

Reagan Obama Trump

1981 2.6 2009 2.8 1/1/2017-3/31/2017 1.4%

1982 1.9 2010 2.5 4/1/2017-6/30/2017 3.1%

1983 4.6 2011 1.6

1984 7.3 2012 2.2

1985 4.2 2013 1.5

1986 3.5 2014 2.4

1987 3.5 2015 2.4

1988 4.2 2016 1.6

10/7/1987 was Mr. Reagan's Black Monday. Anyone on here who was invested, remembers that day WELL.

Mr. Obama is the only president to never have even 1 year of 3% GDP growth, since it was tracked.

Edited by Sportsaholic Mamaw

Bringing it back for another go round:

Setting the Record Straight: Presidential Visits to the BSA National Jamboree | Scoutmaster Scott's Scouty Stuff

You left out FDR in 1937, Clinton in 1997.

Nixon went as VP but the schedule of a VP and POTUS is very, very different. He did not attend any while President.

If Nancy Reagan can be given credit, does that mean that Michelle Obama can be given credit for attending?

I think it was pointed out that they only meet once ever four years. There were two opportunities that Obama had to speak. He videoed one and did not attend the other. I had a post earlier in this thread that showed which Presidents had and had not spoken to the group.

As for the respect he showed the organization, I'd prefer a "can not make it" to the profanity used by the President in his speech.

"I said, 'Who the hell wants to speak about politics when I'm in front of the Boy Scouts?' Right?"

Or this gem of advice to children.

"I saw him at a cocktail party, and it was very sad because the hottest people in New York were at this party."

Then spend the time talking about politics to the kids after saying "Who wants to speak about Politics?" Evidently, he does.

Presidential Prerogative I suppose....

At least he had enough respect for the organization to actually attend and speak...the last dude declined for 8 straight years....now that's showing respect !

From what I heard - and I admit that I didn't hear the entire speech - everyone would have been better off had he spent the time at a golf course.

There are 29 posts on this thread. Everyone has an opinion about the Scout Jamboree speech, did you READ your opinion, LISTEN your opinion or did you SEE the speech live for your opinion? Was there no one who watched it live or in person?