July 18, 20179 yr We are officially headed to Green Bay for the September 24th game. This is a bucket list thing and we are excited. I have never been there or even Milwaukee, where we will spend some time. I have a couple of colleg frat brothers that live in Milwaukee and we are touching base with them. They are advising on Milwaukee things to do. In Green Bay we are on our own. The game is a 4:25 start so we will have all day to do whatever for the pregame. Has anyone been on game day/weekend and can anyone answer these questions? Parking tickets were $45 on Stub Hub. Should we buy them or take our chances? I have a feeling that parking may be at a premium. As much as we have invested thus far, if $45 to park we have to do, we will do it. Is the Packer HOF open on game day? Should we go early Saturday from Milwaukee or go late Saturday or Sunday to Green Bay? We would like to spend a good part of Saturday in Milwaukee, but the HOF is a must. After the game should we stay in Green Bay or head back to Milwaukee for the night? Basically, should we make Milwaukee our home base and commute from there or is that just too much of a hassle. Any other tips. There are two couples going, so consider that if you answer the questions.
July 18, 20179 yr It is a very small town. I'd look into rooms right away and my guess is buy the parking pass unless you can stay near the stadium and Uber. Haven't been there in a while but pretty cool place. There is an Indian casino near the airport.
July 18, 20179 yr Author It is a very small town. I'd look into rooms right away and my guess is buy the parking pass unless you can stay near the stadium and Uber. Haven't been there in a while but pretty cool place. There is an Indian casino near the airport. Yes, I am thinking about buying a pass and just go ahead and get there early and tailgate. I am assuming. I don't know that you can tailgate in the parking lot, but I would think it was likely.
July 18, 20179 yr It is a very small town. I'd look into rooms right away and my guess is buy the parking pass unless you can stay near the stadium and Uber. Haven't been there in a while but pretty cool place. There is an Indian casino near the airport. Uber would likely be expensive as I'm guessing a Packers game would be high demand. A $45 parking pass sounds like a no brainer.
July 18, 20179 yr It's been awhile since I've been there but I don't remember much being by the stadium. You basically just went to the game. They definitely have tailgating and that's where I would spend my Sunday morning/afternoon. Hope you like brats.
July 18, 20179 yr When I went we had a parking pass, because a friends grandfather was a season ticket holder. I would probably fork over the 45$ for that, as the tailgating was very cool. We got out with our Bengals gear on and the guy beside us saw my Kentucky tags, as we were getting ready to put together a cheap wal-mart grill he told us don't worry about that he'd take care of us on food. The Indian Casino isn't bad I've been to it several times, during my travels to the area for work. I would go ahead and look for rooms in Green Bay if you do plan to stay there after the game. I'm not sure on the HOF, but I do believe they offer tours of Lambeau at certain times.
July 19, 20179 yr Author Might see you there. Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but getting pretty close. I hope so, we will hook up. It will be great to see you again.
July 19, 20179 yr I was just up there last month for the Billy Joel concert in Lambeau field. My wife lived up there from 4th-10th grade her Dad worked at the P&G paper mill. Its a cool city, very flat and clean. You gotta go to Krolls Restaurant across the street from the stadium for a Burger with melted butter on the bun and Cheese curds. The downtown area is small but cool they have some nice bars including killer cigar bar. We are going up, my wife has friends up there still and one guy is a politician who can hook us up. He said scalpers sell them at reasonable prices day of game. The pro shop is awesome at the stadium and there really isn't a bad seat in the place. Tailgating is off the charts and the people are very friendly. As the game gets closer we should message each other and meet up at a tailgate while up there Bengalmaniac. Its an 8 he drive but not that bad really.
July 19, 20179 yr Author I was just up there last month for the Billy Joel concert in Lambeau field. My wife lived up there from 4th-10th grade her Dad worked at the P&G paper mill. Its a cool city, very flat and clean. You gotta go to Krolls Restaurant across the street from the stadium for a Burger with melted butter on the bun and Cheese curds. The downtown area is small but cool they have some nice bars including killer cigar bar. We are going up, my wife has friends up there still and one guy is a politician who can hook us up. He said scalpers sell them at reasonable prices day of game. The pro shop is awesome at the stadium and there really isn't a bad seat in the place. Tailgating is off the charts and the people are very friendly. As the game gets closer we should message each other and meet up at a tailgate while up there Bengalmaniac. Its an 8 he drive but not that bad really. Yep, let's do that.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.