Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Zion Harmon. Adair County. Official

Featured Replies

I agree that it will not be unheard of that elite kids forego playing high school in lieu of focusing on elite training. Along with that is home schooling and not being in a school building from 8-3 on the horizon.

I get that, but what I dony Zion would not just go back home in MD to directly train at the Pat the Roc Skills Academy. Coach Breeze may be great at skills development, but why not go to a pro that is in your backyard that is renown and you can be surrounded by other elite prospects to push you?

If it is about the best interest for Zion, I could think of other choices ahead of Adair. I suspect there is more to the decision than we will ever know or even need to know. If his family believes Adair is best for him, then I am glad he will be playing in KHSAA next season regardless where he is playing.

there is always more
  • Replies 72
  • Views 26.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just what was the real reason he left the Purples?

Edited by fogdog.com
TOS

Just what was the real reason he left the Pur-les?

 

I'm still trying to figure out how he landed there in the first place.

The ironic thing is that the answer to both your questions may end up being the same answer.

The ironic thing is that the answer to both your questions may end up being the same answer.

 

We have a winner!!

I agree that it will not be unheard of that elite kids forego playing high school in lieu of focusing on elite training. Along with that is home schooling and not being in a school building from 8-3 on the horizon.

I get that, but what I don't get is why Zion would not just go back home in MD to directly train at the Pat the Roc Skills Academy. Coach Breeze may be great at skills development, but why not go to a pro that is in your backyard that is renown and you can be surrounded by other elite prospects to push you?

If it is about the best interest for Zion, I could think of other choices ahead of Adair. I suspect there is more to the decision than we will ever know or even need to know. If his family believes Adair is best for him, then I am glad he will be playing in KHSAA next season regardless where he is playing.

 

Shame this kid just can't just live a normal High school life because he has basketball talent. Everyone wanting to grab him and push him in different directions.

Hearing Anthony Payne will be back at Adair and Corey Melton will be playing next year. With them plus Zion Adair will have no problem scoring. This is going to be a very fast paced team who scores in the upper 70s to 80s.

Hearing Anthony Payne will be back at Adair and Corey Melton will be playing next year. With them plus Zion Adair will have no problem scoring. This is going to be a very fast paced team who scores in the upper 70s to 80s.

 

In my humble opinion....not enough. Zion won a state title last year, anything less than being able to compete for a state title is puzzling. Although high school ball doesn't mean much in the development phase of elite players; these kids still are competitors and they like to win. Gotta be a big name kid out there somewhere joining him at AC. Melton and Payne only puts them near the top of an already watered down and weaker region.

Now you are 100 percent right about contending for a state title. Adair I don't think is even good enough to win region with the current roster that they have right now.

Does anybody on here honestly think nobody else is coming?

KY playmaker at least give me some hints as to what you think might happen next month! I am a Adair alum who doesn't live there but tries to keep up with there program and I am very excited!

Anybody remember a time when kids actually stayed put and didn't change teams? Seroiusly, I am asking. I am from Christian County so I don't know what that was like. :lol:

Anybody remember a time when kids actually stayed put and didn't change teams? Seroiusly, I am asking. I am from Christian County so I don't know what that was like. :lol:

 

I remember a time when Converse and Reebok were the most popular basketball shoes on the market.

In my humble opinion....not enough. Zion won a state title last year, anything less than being able to compete for a state title is puzzling. Although high school ball doesn't mean much in the development phase of elite players; these kids still are competitors and they like to win. Gotta be a big name kid out there somewhere joining him at AC. Melton and Payne only puts them near the top of an already watered down and weaker region.

 

You are looking at this from the wrong direction. The end game here is not Adair County in my opinion. The dots can be connected and my guess this is more related to NIKE and the EYBL. Zion just finished helping lead his Boo Williams team to the Final Four of the 17U EYBL Peach Jam and will still play EYBL for three more seasons. He is a NIKE star and you can bet the program he plays with will be playing in the 17U division which is very difficult to secure a spot in that 40 team league unless you have stars like Zion that are coveted by NIKE. If a program has Zion, that is tremendous leverage when negotiating for spots in that 40 team 17U division. Now connect the dots. Btw...this may be exactly what Zion prefers and I see nothing wrong with him playing at Adair County or playing with the NIKE program he wants to be with if he has the star power to pull it off and I think he does.

Anybody remember a time when kids actually stayed put and didn't change teams? Seroiusly, I am asking. I am from Christian County so I don't know what that was like. :lol:

 

That's a rosy remembrance, but in reality there have regularly been transfers at high (and medium and low) level schools since the beginning of the sport. It has happened in eastern Kentucky, central Kentucky, northern Kentucky, Louisville, and western Kentucky. We love the thought of Carr Creek and Milan, but those have long been the exception rather than the rule.

Hearing Adair is now in for one more player and if this rumor is confirmed as the Harmon rumor was Adair will be a top 10 team in the state! Time will tell but will be sooner than later for sure. School starts there August 10th according to the district website.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.