All "A" State Tournament losing its home.......

Bellarmine University in Louisville, KY on line one.......Bellarmine on line one please.

Facility + Location...name one better?! There isn't.

I think Knights Hall would be a great location.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No question Frankfort is outdated on the whole (or maybe it is a hole). The area around the convention center has been virtually unchanged forever. They've had AAU state tournaments in the civic center, the Ky.-Indiana series used it for awhile, and now the A. In all that time, I don't remember ever seeing a new thing pop up in the area.

That said, the timing seems to stink for the All A folks. Not sure where they turn for this year. Eight months out and no home for a tournament that has to house 32 teams and use a building for five straight days. Few options. Maybe EKU can adjust their conference schedule to be on the road during this span.

I do too. I miss the 7th region tourney being there plus it's a shorter drive for me and I could attend more than just the final. Just over the (non- toll) bridge.

What does it seat?

How many locker rooms?

How would parking be with school in session and games played all day?

How would this affect the Bellermine teams?

I played in that building once, it's okay.

What does it seat?

How many locker rooms?

How would parking be with school in session and games played all day?

How would this affect the Bellermine teams?

I played in that building once, it's okay.

KH8.jpg

Here's an image off the gym while empty. They list the capacity at 2,196, which is probably good for most All "A" games but there might be some issues with some matchups. I have no clue about locker rooms; they hosted the LIT for years and eight teams played per day, but those teams may have dressed at school before coming over. Parking would probably be an issue. I'd imagine Bellarmine could finagle their basketball schedules to make it work if they really wanted to host.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61752[/ATTACH]

Here's an image off the gym while empty. They list the capacity at 2,196, which is probably good for most All "A" games but there might be some issues with some matchups. I have no clue about locker rooms; they hosted the LIT for years and eight teams played per day, but those teams may have dressed at school before coming over. Parking would probably be an issue. I'd imagine Bellarmine could finagle their basketball schedules to make it work if they really wanted to host.

I agree, and there is also an endzone section to the right of that picture that can't be seen...I think it would be the absolute perfect venue (if they wanted it).

Middle school football or an All A function?

My meetings were for football but we had a lengthy discussion about the all A. I will give credit to those in Frankfort who are doing everything they can to make sure all the events that were schedule to take place there can still take place at other venues. Kentucky State is steping up big time to help out.

Hey, on the good side, I've been told longtime All A stalwart Bardstown is eligible again to compete in the tournament. The Tigers have had some great runs in the All A over the years.

Sounds like that is not good new for the school? Enrollment went up and now back down?