ND 40 Michigan St 37

gametime

Off the top of my head I would say no but I havent watched them yet this year. But Zona has nothing to do with ND being soft.

They got smacked in the mouth against Michigan at home and didnt do a darn thing about it. I honestly thought Brady Quinn was going to cry after getting hit so much atleast his facial expressions looked like he was gonna.

Michigan St whipped them all over the field in the first half this past week before they choked and forgot how to win a ball game.

So Notre Dame who returns alot of the same offense as last year, and most of their defense from last year is going to get whopped by USC. But that "soft" Notre Dame team last year gave USC all they could handle, and that USC was by far better than this USC team. So how did they become so soft this year if they return alot of their players from last year. And if you call last years team soft, then that soft team just about beat USC. So why couldn't they do that this year. Your reasoning here is not that good because there is alot of players from last years Notre Dame team who did good against USC, but somehow USC will whoop this Notre Dame team even though USC is not as good as last year...:rolleyes:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off the top of my head I would say no but I havent watched them yet this year. But Zona has nothing to do with ND being soft.

They got smacked in the mouth against Michigan at home and didnt do a darn thing about it. I honestly thought Brady Quinn was going to cry after getting hit so much atleast his facial expressions looked like he was gonna.

Michigan St whipped them all over the field in the first half this past week before they choked and forgot how to win a ball game.

Quinn may be a "pretty boy", but he's probably the toughest quarterback I've seen in college since Craig Krenzel. Both quarterbacks got drilled time after time, and still got up to complete the next pass. Oh, and who's to say that ND didn't just whip MSU all over the field in the second half? That is how ND should have been looking the whole game.

And on the topic of ND in the championship game... it's very very slim. Possible - yes. Likely - not very. They need to win out every game, and put a beating on hopefully #2 at the time USC. They also need Michigan to lose to Iowa, and get thumped by OSU, and hope that UL and WVU stumble along the way. There are just too many variables to legitamately hope to see them playing for the big trophy this year. Another reason why college football is flawed.

If Michigan does what you want, it hurts and not helps ND...
I agree. The best way for ND to make the title game is if Michigan is the only undefeated. Otherwise, one loss teams with close losses to other one loss teams will go ahead of them, because ND's loss was a big one.

I agree. The best way for ND to make the title game is if Michigan is the only undefeated. Otherwise, one loss teams with close losses to other one loss teams will go ahead of them, because ND's loss was a big one.

Also true, never thought of it that way. So Michigan runs the table and say Ohio State loses to Iowa and Michigan. How about that.

Honetly I dont think that would be completely true. Yeah ND does need Michigan to do well, but if Michigan only loses one and say its to OSU I think they have a chance still. Because I think ND would go ahead of other teams who have one loss. It has been shown in colllege footballs history that if your going to lose then you better do it early in the season, because the loss later in the season ends up hurting you more in the rankings. Say like Auburn goes most of the year undefeated and then loses one game close to the end of the year, and then Michigan goes and loses to Ohio State to end the year then I think that would give ND a great chance to move ahead of them. Because if ND does not lose from here on on out get to USC with only one loss, ND most likely would probably be around #5 in the country at that time. So if they then go and beat USC at USC while Auburn and Michigan lose, then I think there is a pretty good chance that they would leap frog over them in the rankings because they hadn't loss in so long and would be playing better than them to end the year.

Honestly I really think most of the teams will end up with atleast one loss this year, the only two teams that could end up hurting ND would be Louisville of West Virginia because one of those two teams probably will go undefeated. So if ND goes undefeated to end the year, then I think only Louisville or West Virginia could be the teams that stop them from playing in the title game...

So Notre Dame who returns alot of the same offense as last year, and most of their defense from last year is going to get whopped by USC. But that "soft" Notre Dame team last year gave USC all they could handle, and that USC was by far better than this USC team. So how did they become so soft this year if they return alot of their players from last year. And if you call last years team soft, then that soft team just about beat USC. So why couldn't they do that this year. Your reasoning here is not that good because there is alot of players from last years Notre Dame team who did good against USC, but somehow USC will whoop this Notre Dame team even though USC is not as good as last year...:rolleyes:

I forgot ND was such a great team last year. What great teams did they beat last year? Last time I checked almost doesnt count. Also when the ND team of this year starts looking and playing like the ND team of last year then come talk to me. Never said ND was soft last year but this years team plays like it. Who knows maybe they bought into all their own hype in the off season. You guys just need to realize that they are just not that freaking good. Do they suck, NO but are they the all mighty world beater that the media and ND fans believed they would be this year? HECK NO.

Well, Notre Dame as you said returned almost everyone from last year's team, and Michigan sure was able to improve on their showing from last year.

Well, Notre Dame as you said returned almost everyone from last year's team, and Michigan sure was able to improve on their showing from last year.

Yes they was, and they dominated the game against Notre Dame this year. But your point dont hold much argument either because Michigan did not have to completely reload this year from last year. They had players from last years team that wanted to get revenge on Notre Dame for last years loss. USC though is a whole different team with alot of different players from last year. If anything I think that helps my Notre Dame argument because they lost to USC last year just like Michigan did to Notre Dame. And now Notre Dame has alot of their players returning and Im sure they will want to come out and play their best game of the year this year to get revenge for last years lost just like Michigan did to Notre Dame this year...

I forgot ND was such a great team last year. What great teams did they beat last year? Last time I checked almost doesnt count. Also when the ND team of this year starts looking and playing like the ND team of last year then come talk to me. Never said ND was soft last year but this years team plays like it. Who knows maybe they bought into all their own hype in the off season. You guys just need to realize that they are just not that freaking good. Do they suck, NO but are they the all mighty world beater that the media and ND fans believed they would be this year? HECK NO.

First of all you cant help how your schedule plays out. Their schedule was suppose to be loaded but alot of those teams ended up not doing as well as expected. The thing was those teams were doing well till Notre Dame beat them, its not ND's fault that those teams ended up going down the drain after ND won. ND beat a good Michigan team last year, Michigan just had a lot of bad luck at the end of games that could have very easily had them a great record. Notre Dame came a half yard away from beating the best team in the country last year. I know ND ended up getting smoked by Ohio State in the fiesta bowl, and that made everyone think they were not that good. But what team has beat Ohio State in that fiesta bowl lately. Ohio State also dominated really the National Champs last year against Texas, but just blew it because of a dropped td pass. So losing to Ohio State last year is not that bad of a loss.

Notre Dame has beaten a good Georgia Tech team, and then won pretty easily against a Penn State team that gave Ohio State all they could handle till the last 5 minutes of the game. Yeah Michigan did dominate Notre Dame in that lost, but Notre Dame just played a horrible game that day. But I am not making excuses for that because Michigan was the better team that day. I just really dont see how still you think USC just will dominate them, when USC couldn't even do that last year with a better team. USC has not shown anything this year to show they will dominate them. I mean they couldn't even dominate a Arizona team at home, and that same Arizona team got pounded by LSU, and had a hard time with a Div. 2 school....