Cubs @ Reds (4/21-4/23)

LRCW

Good teams find ways to win, bad teams find ways to lose!

I'm one of the biggest Cubs fans in the nation and their's no way the Reds should have lost last night. a righty vs lefty matchup is not good, Price should have brought the lefty in to close it out. I also thought Wandy shouldn't have been took out too quick too.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you that good teams find a way and have that confidence that they will win a game. The Reds obviously need to keep working to find that. I'm not blaming Price at all for that last night. The Cubs did the same thing the night before to the Brewers and Price had nothing to do with that game.

That loss last night is about how good the Cubs are right now, not about anything that Price or the Reds did wrong. Rizzo hits left-handers very well so it isn't an automatic to bring a left-hander in against him.

Good teams find ways to win, bad teams find ways to lose!

I'm one of the biggest Cubs fans in the nation and their's no way the Reds should have lost last night. a righty vs lefty matchup is not good, Price should have brought the lefty in to close it out. I also thought Wandy shouldn't have been took out too quick too.

I agree with you that good teams find a way and have that confidence that they will win a game. The Reds obviously need to keep working to find that. I'm not blaming Price at all for that last night. The Cubs did the same thing the night before to the Brewers and Price had nothing to do with that game.

That loss last night is about how good the Cubs are right now, not about anything that Price or the Reds did wrong. Rizzo hits left-handers very well so it isn't an automatic to bring a left-hander in against him.

Believe it or not I'm with VOR on this one. I have no problem with Price leaving Lorenzen in to face Rizzo last night. Rizzo was 1-13 previously against Lorenzen. The Cubs are World Champs for a reason. Their lineup is stacked with guys that can produce. The Cubs remind me of the Reds teams of the 70's in that they're never out of any game. You just know they're going to get that big hit or have that big inning late in the game to win it for them.

I do however agree with ASB in that I thought Price should have left Wandy in for another inning.

So nobody has a problem with the first pitch being down and in to a lefty? Their wheel house!!!!

They had been busting Rizzo inside all night. The pitch just wasn't in enough and it definitely wasn't down.

IMG_0338.JPG