Cubs @ Reds (4/21-4/23)

LRCW

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you almost have to go with the lefty especially since Lorenzen's pitch count was in the 40s and they had seen everything he was throwing by then?

You'd think..Peralta was warming up, I don't see why they didn't put him in.

Believe it or not I'm with VOR on this one. I have no problem with Price leaving Lorenzen in to face Rizzo last night. Rizzo was 1-13 previously against Lorenzen. The Cubs are World Champs for a reason. Their lineup is stacked with guys that can produce. The Cubs remind me of the Reds teams of the 70's in that they're never out of any game. You just know they're going to get that big hit or have that big inning late in the game to win it for them.

I do however agree with ASB in that I thought Price should have left Wandy in for another inning.

The only problem I have with leaving Lorenzen in was he had clearly shown the Cubs everything he had to throw by then and wasn't going to fool a good hitter. You have to go with other percentages at that point if they are available. Pitching is all about keeping the hitter off balance not about throwing it by him.