Military Action in Syria as a Response to use of Chemical Weapons

Goes back to my previous response to Clyde. I don't doubt that we let them know we were going to do it, but I seriously doubt we asked them for permission. We let them know so they could keep their people that are on the ground safe. I'd Imagine Russia isn't the only country we let know just prior to the attack either.

Isn't Russia in bed with Assad?

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to call hypocrite fine. But tonight was the right action to let both Syria and Russia know we mean business.

I also don't buy because we decide to stop evil it means we are required to take refugees. I don't get the logic at all. We want to free them to have their country.

My point is that we refuse to allow refugees from Syria into our country to escape Assad. Assad then attacks those civilians with chemical weapons and social media is littered with pictures and images of kids stuck in a country with a leader who is trying to kill them. Now all of a sudden we actually care about what is happening to thousands of innocent civilians over there and in response we bomb some runways at what could have been an empty base.

That'll teach them.

Who's to say that we're not in the process of removing Assad? To me that seems like as good of a solution as any.

My point is that we refuse to allow refugees from Syria into our country to escape Assad. Assad then attacks those civilians with chemical weapons and social media is littered with pictures and images of kids stuck in a country with a leader who is trying to kill them. Now all of a sudden we actually care about what is happening to thousands of innocent civilians over there and in response we bomb some runways at what could have been an empty base.

That'll teach them.

And the previous administration's response was "You better not do that again"--Repeatedly!! That's why we're where we are in Syria and elsewhere in the Middle East. A WEAK US is not good for world peace!! Peace through Strength--That's all they understand!

That's Trump's job isn't it?

It's his job to make the final call, but his generals would be the one that would give him the info to think on. I'm sure you know that, your just trying to stir the pot at this point.

That's the rumor. Just like Trump and Putin share the same bed. So someone must be lying..

Except that the Russians had been giving direct support to Assad with their Air Force and they even deployed their decrepit carrier the Kuznetsov to help prop him up. Putin and Assad is no rumor. Trump and Putin ia currently rumored not proven, there is no doubt with Putin and Assad.

They just clarified, said Russia wasn't told until Tomahawks were on the way...too late to do anything...according to military guy on CNN.

So far tonight, I've heard every variation: we alerted the Russians, we didn't alert the Russians, the Russians learned today, the Russians had no idea...all in the last 20 minutes.

It's his job to make the final call, but his generals would be the one that would give him the info to think on. I'm sure you know that, your just trying to stir the pot at this point.

I don't know enough yet to stir the pot. I'm giving my full perspective on the issue at hand. I prefer to go in there and wipe out all enemies by any means necessary but that doesn't mean I'm not going to put all of my thoughts on the issue out here for discussion.

So far tonight, I've heard every variation: we alerted the Russians, we didn't alert the Russians, the Russians learned today, the Russians had no idea...all in the last 20 minutes.

Welcome to the world of too many 24 hour news stations with too many broadcast minutes to fill??