Military Action in Syria as a Response to use of Chemical Weapons

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well what's the difference in 14 and 17. Something change? Obama pretty much could have bombed them if needed. Don't have to have Congress to approach bombing. War yes.

True. If I was him I wouldn't have listened to congress either and just done what I wanted to do.

It is. In 2017 they aren't allowed into the US anymore to seek refuge and after their leader tries to kill them we'll go bomb their country in retaliation of the horrific act against them. It's different now.

We bombed an air force base that was supposedly part of the chemical attack. A bit more specific than just firing random missiles at the country..

CNN alert just said Russians were at the base that was attacked and some conversations today DID give them some sort of a heads up.

Goes back to my previous response to Clyde. I don't doubt that we let them know we were going to do it, but I seriously doubt we asked them for permission. We let them know so they could keep their people that are on the ground safe. I'd Imagine Russia isn't the only country we let know just prior to the attack either.

What was your point? I missed it..

My point is that we refuse to allow refugees from Syria into our country to escape Assad. Assad then attacks those civilians with chemical weapons and social media is littered with pictures and images of kids stuck in a country with a leader who is trying to kill them. Now all of a sudden we actually care about what is happening to thousands of innocent civilians over there and in response we bomb some runways at what could have been an empty base.

That'll teach them.