NKY Power Ranking - Offseason Discussion

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryle has a strong running game but I look for teams to load the box and dare Ryle to pass on them.

74, so would you say Ryle would struggle in a 7 v 7 format; or that's what they need most to help develop chemistry between the young QB(s) and WRs?

I heard they 3 young qbs so definitely need some 7 on 7.

Coach Engler definitely is gonna challenge these young QB's With the Dalton, GA 7 v 7, Trinity Scrimmage and the Indianapolis Cathedral Home game, you will see who steps up. Junior Jake Smith had an award winning showing at an Off Season Trent Dilfer camp. These challenges should get the District ready. I am also liking what they are doing with their WR corps during spring ball. Chisholm can catch as good as he can run. His yards after catch are scary too.

Having BW on the SK schedule makes one scratch your head and ask what is the agenda here? Playing BW does not prepare SK for the caliber of athletes they will see deep in the playoffs, just as BW playing Ludlow does not prepare them for Mayfield.

Beechwood puts a team like SK on the schedule when Coach Rash thinks he has the players in the trenches to compete with them. Beechwood's line will be able to hold their own against the 6A Pioneers the next two years and that is why BW is good with scheduling them.

For the Pioneers, I can't tell you why they want to have BW on the schedule other than it saves money playing local versus taking a road trip. What other local teams should SK look to schedule? Cov Cath or perhaps New Cath are probably the only other possibilities that aren't already on their schedule. If those two couldn't make a game with SK fit, then Beechwood it is if you want a local opponent.

Beechwood puts a team like SK on the schedule when Coach Rash thinks he has the players in the trenches to compete with them. Beechwood's line will be able to hold their own against the 6A Pioneers the next two years and that is why BW is good with scheduling them.

For the Pioneers, I can't tell you why they want to have BW on the schedule other than it saves money playing local versus taking a road trip. What other local teams should SK look to schedule? Cov Cath or perhaps New Cath are probably the only other possibilities that aren't already on their schedule. If those two couldn't make a game with SK fit, then Beechwood it is if you want a local opponent.

Scheduling has to be a nightmare finding dates that work to play teams. SK vs CovCath would be a good game for both teams.

Does CovCath open the aeason against Ryle?

Yep. This will be a tough game. We have some questions we need answered at some positions. I expect CCH to Fired up and capable to win. Not overlooking this game as it may determine the expectations for the season for both teams. Theses games between us are very physical. I'm hoping for a win and will be grateful to get one.

Yep. This will be a tough game. We have some questions we need answered at some positions. I expect CCH to Fired up and capable to win. Not overlooking this game as it may determine the expectations for the season for both teams. Theses games between us are very physical. I'm hoping for a win and will be grateful to get one.

It will be the first (I believe) game in the new Wooten Stadium with permeant lights, so the place will be packed and the excitement will be over the top, even before the kickoff!