3. CovCath

4. Beechwood

5. Highlands

6. Conner

7. Cooper

8. Dixie

9. Campbell County

10. NewCath

For the pre-season Rankings. I expect a lot of change when the season begins and goes on. I think Cooper may be a Top 5 team by seasons end & I think Dixie will be better than expected also.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time BW and SK played the Neers escaped with a last quarter score. The year before BW layed a 28-0 spanking on SK. If this year's game is close or BW gets the win (it could happen....it has before) I am curious as to what missed opportunities there will be.

That was then this is now SK handled a much better CAL team last year by 4 scores I would think it may be close at half but SK should pull away.

Never say never though.

That was then this is now SK handled a much better CAL team last year by 4 scores I would think it may be close at half but SK should pull away.

Never say never though.

Sheer numbers alone give the larger schools the advantage in the 2nd half against smaller schools. BW is usually one of the more pyshically fit teams though. It will be an interesting matchup.

Only 4 spots separate Beechwood and SK in your poll. How happy are the Neer faithful that a 1A team is on the schedule this year?

SK playing Beechwood is a lose , lose for SK. If they win, they are supposed to win, if they lose, then it is an embarrassment to a 6A school. SK depends on depth advantage too much. This works when playing a local schedule, but fails deep in the playoffs as the depth advantage disappears.

SK doesn't belong scheduling the T's Males or BGs of the state. But they should be scheduling the Scott County , Lafayette and X's of the state. I am uncomfortable with the strength of the SK schedule.

SK playing Beechwood is a lose , lose for SK. If they win, they are supposed to win, if they lose, then it is an embarrassment to a 6A school. SK depends on depth advantage too much. This works when playing a local schedule, but fails deep in the playoffs as the depth advantage disappears.

SK doesn't belong scheduling the T's Males or BGs of the state. But they should be scheduling the Scott County , Lafayette and X's of the state. I am uncomfortable with the strength of the SK schedule.

I think this is a good take on things. Fair and honest, both :thumb:

Sheer numbers alone give the larger schools the advantage in the 2nd half against smaller schools. BW is usually one of the more pyshically fit teams though. It will be an interesting matchup.

Agreed that's why there are classes in Football. Sheer numbers, larger talent pool and more bodies at off season conditioning are all big advantages. SK is still finding their way to sustained success at the highest level. If there program has improved the way a lot of people think it has it they should be playing like teams.

If travel were an issue, although I don't see why travel to Lexington would be, there are plenty of programs across the river that would challenge, but not overwhelm, SK more than what is on their schedule now. Anderson and Mason specifically come to mind.

I hear what you are saying about the lose lose scenario, and in the grand scheme of things I don't disagree. However, I don't think a 6A school losing to Beechwood is an embarrassment. Beechwood was state champions last year. They were only down 10-3 at halftime to one of CCH's best teams in a long time (although that got lopsided in the second half as CCH wore the much smaller Tigers down). And most people I have talked with think Beechwood will be better this year than last year. I don't think it is an embarrassment for a team in any class to lose to Beechwood. It will certainly be an upset if Beechwood wins, but not an embarrassment.

I hear what you are saying about the lose lose scenario, and in the grand scheme of things I don't disagree. However, I don't think a 6A school losing to Beechwood is an embarrassment. Beechwood was state champions last year. They were only down 10-3 at halftime to one of CCH's best teams in a long time (although that got lopsided in the second half as CCH wore the much smaller Tigers down). And most people I have talked with think Beechwood will be better this year than last year. I don't think it is an embarrassment for a team in any class to lose to Beechwood. It will certainly be an upset if Beechwood wins, but not an embarrassment.

I watched Beechwoods jv handle Ryles last year. They have alot of talent in the system.

Ryle returns a strong run game but the passing and defense will be a question mark.

Ryle's defense should be better. They lost some great players but will add a lot of size and depth that should help as the season wears on and some of their juniors to be get their feet wet at the varsity level.

Having BW on the SK schedule makes one scratch your head and ask what is the agenda here? Playing BW does not prepare SK for the caliber of athletes they will see deep in the playoffs, just as BW playing Ludlow does not prepare them for Mayfield.