Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

North Carolina vs Kentucky Elite 8 predictions

Cats and Tarheels who wins? 40 members have voted

  1. 1. Cats and Tarheels who wins?

    • Kentucky (32-5)
      72%
    • North Carolina (30-7)
      27%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I hope I am wrong but I think that UNC gets this one. I am hoping the Cats can slow the tempo like they did vs. UCLA and not run with them all night, I'm afraid that UNC is too deep to get in a track meet for the entire 40 min..

  • Replies 71
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like where your head is, but I can't see a 14 point win for the Heels but man I hope you're right

 

All us UK fans hope he is too.

  • Author
All us UK fans hope he is too.

 

Don't twist my thoughts lol I don't see Carolina wining by 14, but by 6

Bam needs to get off the bus for this one. He was a no show for UCLA.

 

37 min

2 points

4 rebounds

5 ast

0 personal fouls

 

I don't think I have ever seen a BIG with no personal fouls. Was he even putting any effort in at all?

 

Although he didn't score and had a few TO's, I thought he worked his tail off defensively and battling for the 50/50 balls all night. He just didn't get a lot of touches and didn't execute when he did but he was huge down low as he was the only one battling for rebounds down low at times

I picked North Carolina to win the whole thing and I can't change that now, although I'd be thrilled to be wrong.

 

Tar Heels by 5.

 

Same...

Although he didn't score and had a few TO's, I thought he worked his tail off defensively and battling for the 50/50 balls all night. He just didn't get a lot of touches and didn't execute when he did but he was huge down low as he was the only one battling for rebounds down low at times

Agreed, also drew a lot of fouls that got them in some foul troubles.

  • Author

The BIGGEST thing for the Heels will be whether or not Hicks can stay out of foul trouble. If he isn't on the floor between 24-28 minutes, Carolina will be in trouble

Don't twist my thoughts lol I don't see Carolina wining by 14, but by 6

 

Not twisting anything. Myself and many UK fans on this board hope that @LRCW nails his prediction!

The SEC sucks, so UNC wins. I don't even know why we are even debating this.

Bam needs to get off the bus for this one. He was a no show for UCLA.

 

37 min

2 points

4 rebounds

5 ast

0 personal fouls

 

I don't think I have ever seen a BIG with no personal fouls. Was he even putting any effort in at all?

 

He seemed like he didn't come to play against UCLA on Friday, he seemed out of the game, they fed him a few times and he seemed to do nothing with it, I don't know what was up with Bam Friday night, but UK will need him to hold down the paint today.

I will give the UCLA Defense credit for how well they guarded Bam Friday.

I will give the UCLA Defense credit for how well they guarded Bam Friday.

 

They were running a 2nd defender at him every single time he touched the ball.

 

Definitely wasn't his best game. Gonna be better in this one for Cats to win.

Call made sure in his press conference to compliment the job Bam did in the game. Stats don't always paint an entire picture.

My biggest concern is the matchup problems with the 6'8 Jackson. He can shoot over our guys and quick enough to drive around defenders. Hit UK for 34 the last time they played, although Cal seemed to remember he had "40" in yesterday's press interview.

Edited by The Professor

He seemed like he didn't come to play against UCLA on Friday, he seemed out of the game, they fed him a few times and he seemed to do nothing with it, I don't know what was up with Bam Friday night, but UK will need him to hold down the paint today.

 

Bam made some lousy plays against UCLA. Teams double down on centers they can't defend with one player. Bam did a poor job of recognizing double teams. Should be letting the double come then find the open man. He played hard and contributed in other ways. That's cool! Learn and move on. But Bam gets no free pass.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.