40 members have voted

1. 1. Cats and Tarheels who wins?

• Kentucky (32-5)
    • North Carolina (30-7)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should not be an Elite Eight game. This game should be postponed until Phoenix and Gonzaga, Xavier, Oregon, Kansas, Florida/ Wisconsin, and South Carolina battle it out for the right to play in the Final Four. Kentucky and North Carolina have already earned their way.

Now just a minute. UK has beaten a 15 seed, an 8 seed and a 3 seed. Xavier has handled a 6, 3, and 2 seed. Seems like they have earned their position just as well.

Now just a minute. UK has beaten a 15 seed, an 8 seed and a 3 seed. Xavier has handled a 6, 3, and 2 seed. Seems like they have earned their position just as well.

Ok that's fine but Xavier didnt earn their way the whole season like UK and UNC did.

The Cats have to continue playing good D, and with Fox and Monk playing like they are it's going to be tough to stop our guard play, I would like to see Bam get more involved Offensively in this one than he was against UCLA. I think the Cats Defense will be the difference maker, I'm going with the Cats, it'll be a good one, 2 teams who should be in the Final Four playing for a Final Four spot.

I know I will be crucified for this statement. but I don't think Bam is a very good offensive player. He has really not showed much in the way of a post game other than dunking. More than half his field goals are dunks, and when he face guys like he did last night he can't manufacture shots. He really has a limited low post game as far as moves are concerned.

The Cats have to continue playing good D, and with Fox and Monk playing like they are it's going to be tough to stop our guard play, I would like to see Bam get more involved Offensively in this one than he was against UCLA. I think the Cats Defense will be the difference maker, I'm going with the Cats, it'll be a good one, 2 teams who should be in the Final Four playing for a Final Four spot.

Bam needs to get off the bus for this one. He was a no show for UCLA.

37 min

2 points

4 rebounds

5 ast

0 personal fouls

I don't think I have ever seen a BIG with no personal fouls. Was he even putting any effort in at all?

37 min

2 points

4 rebounds

5 ast

0 personal fouls

I don't think I have ever seen a BIG with no personal fouls. Was he even putting any effort in at all?

I think his assists were huge. He was basically our only big man on offense and UCLA closed in on him everytime he touched the ball with their big men so instead of forcing shots he became our PG in the paint and it led to some big points. I was happy with him adapting to what UCLA gave him.

That's why they were an 11 seed. Hell of a lot harder to get there with that seed than a 2 seed.
Man you aren't going to get me to bash XU in anyway. I'll be rooting like crazy for them tonight. Not bashing them at all just saying that this Kentucky/UNC game should have been a game we saw in the Final Four not the Elite Eight. It wasn't a knock at all on the other 6 schools left.

I think his assists were huge. He was basically our only big man on offense and UCLA closed in on him everytime he touched the ball with their big men so instead of forcing shots he became our PG in the paint and it led to some big points. I was happy with him adapting to what UCLA gave him.

Where was he when UCLA had their dunk fest in the first half?

37 min

2 points

4 rebounds

5 ast

0 personal fouls

Bam

Look like Tarzan

Play like Jane