March 24, 20179 yr And the reality...either Xavier or Gonzaga will be going to Phoenix Add in Florida, Wisconsin, Baylor, and South Carolina and one of those six will be playing for the national title. I think you can make a fairly strong case, and this is taking nothing away from those six teams, that the four best teams in the country are all on the other side of the bracket.
March 24, 20179 yr the four best teams REMAINING in the country are all on the other side of the bracket. With an edit, and now, without a doubt.
March 24, 20179 yr With an edit, and now, without a doubt. With that clarification it's an absolute. Nova would be in the argument otherwise.
March 24, 20179 yr Not to take anything away from Xavier, but was anyone else underwhelmed by Arizona? Did X just make them look like less than expected? Markannen especially. That guy sure didn't look like a lottery pick last night. Who would you rather have Trier or Blueit?
March 24, 20179 yr I called it a night when Arizona went up 67-61 late. Woke up to a very pleasant surprise this morning. LOVE IT!!!
March 24, 20179 yr I'm glad I took off tomorrow, truly unfair for the fan on the East coast. X showed so much grit, what they have done is crazy considering many thought they were destined to miss the tournament. I said it in the update thread and I'll say it again, X runs some serious motion offense and their execution on set plays was a joy to watch. Great to see either X or the Zags have an opportunity to make the Final 4. X better open the bank vault for Mack. Their set offense is as good as anybody in the country. After every time out they almost always score. Great passing team. Mack is as good an "in game coach" as there is. That last play to free up O'Mera caught Arizona completely off guard. Joy to watch play.
March 24, 20179 yr Chris Mack is gonna look great in red and black in a few years. It will never happen. Why would he do that?
March 24, 20179 yr It will never happen. Why would he do that? Because it's one of the premier jobs in the country and happens to be his wife's hometown...
March 24, 20179 yr Glad they pulled it out. Would be really cool to see them make the final four. Like hell it would... :lol2:
March 24, 20179 yr That last play to free up O'Mera caught Arizona completely off guard. Joy to watch play. It was a counter action to Mack's favorite play. He knew Miller would have the cross screen action scouted, so he set it up and went opposite to what Zona was expecting. Like I said, Mack owned that game...
March 24, 20179 yr Sean O'Mara has grown up quite a bit these last few weeks. I never imagined he'd be this type of contributing guy, especially not on a team making a run.
March 24, 20179 yr I guess we all have forgotten where X was ranked to start the season. They've played into their expectations, finally
March 24, 20179 yr I guess we all have forgotten where X was ranked to start the season. They've played into their expectations, finally Sumner went down. Bluitt was out for a while. Expectations or not, Mack has these guys back from nearly finding themselves as a No. 1 seed in the NIT a couple weeks ago to being one of the last eight teams in the country. It's an impressive job.
March 24, 20179 yr I guess we all have forgotten where X was ranked to start the season. They've played into their expectations, finally They don't have their best player right now. A large part of their struggles were because their two best players missed chunks of time.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.