Bowling Green 67 Cooper 56 (KHSAA Sweet 16 Championship Game)

I get Sean, but not the other two...was this decided before the finals?

You might want to watch other end of the floor to understand what Dante' brings to a team and why he was selected. He gave up zero points directly to Meade's Baker and 1 point to Cochran from Collins and 6 points to Moore from FC. Today he gave up too much height to BGs #21. He's the 2 time 9th region Defensive POY. Hope that clears it up for you.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I get Sean, but not the other two...was this decided before the finals?

Really? Dante Hendrix was the best defender in the entire tournament. When he was on the floor the first 2 games alone he shut down the opponents best players to a total of 1 point. He held Moore last night I think to only 6 pts when he was on the floor so he basically only gave up 7 points to the players he guarded through the first 3 games, he was outstanding. Adam Kunkel was huge for Cooper when not scoring he was getting a lot of

boards and for a guard against bigger teams that was huge.

You might want to watch other end of the floor to understand what Dante' brings to a team and why he was selected. He gave up zero points directly to Meade's Baker and 1 point to Cochran from Collins and 6 points to Moore from FC. Today he gave up too much height to BGs #21. He's the 2 time 9th region Defensive POY. Hope that clears it up for you.

That's why I was asking if it was determined before today's game...evidently they got three on the all tourney team no matter how they played today. I ain't mad anyone made it, just wondering if it was selected before today's performances.

For years, the media around press row all had a vote for the all-tournament team. Turned in the ballots at halftime of the championship game.

Not sure who votes or when the "turning in" deadline is now.

The "so many players from each team...depending on when they are eliminated"...is relatively new. It looked like: one player from each losing team through the first two rounds. Two players from each semi-final loser. Three from the runner-up. And ____ from the champion.

That's why I was asking if it was determined before today's game...evidently they got three on the all tourney team no matter how they played today. I ain't mad anyone made it, just wondering if it was selected before today's performances.
Yes, they have a pre selected number of slots for each team depending on where they finish.

Personally I would have gave those 3 kids and Brayden Runion if it wasn't ore determined with how many slots they got. All 4 very well deserving.

I got that...but should runner up automatically get three slots? Is there a player that went out in an earlier round that is more deserving?

Off the top of my head I do think Wales, Moore, Price and Jones of Fern Creek were all deserving. Chase Porter and Korbin Spencer of Elliott County were deserving. Brayden Runion of Cooper was definitely deserving and would have been one of my 3 choices from Cooper. Prince Anosike and Idris Akenyemi deserved to make it. Kyran Jones of BG deserved to make it.

I wouldn't take anyone off at all and I can't remember who made it from other teams but those that I have mentioned stand out the most to me in my memory.

Off the top of my head I do think Wales, Moore, Price and Jones of Fern Creek were all deserving. Chase Porter and Korbin Spencer of Elliott County were deserving. Brayden Runion of Cooper was definitely deserving and would have been one of my 3 choices from Cooper. Prince Anosike and Idris Akenyemi deserved to make it. Kyran Jones of BG deserved to make it.

I wouldn't take anyone off at all and I can't remember who made it from other teams but those that I have mentioned stand out the most to me in my memory.

you forgot who should have been tournament MVP "The Jake" ;)