Bengals 2017

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to think that, I believe that sentiment has passed. He's too stupid to absorb the risk.

I don't think so. I think even the Hoodie would like to have him. I think coaches and the front office would think it's more of a Bengal coaching problem and lack of leadership. It's not like it's the first time Marvin has had guys he has had trouble reeling in for whatever reason. Especially after coaches meet him in person, I think he would definitely be wanted by mostly every team if truly a free agent. The guy really is a good guy when you meet him, and does a lot of good things away from the field. Never has been in trouble outside of football either. Those reasons with how good of a player he is would make most teams try for him still. Especially when teams could use his dirty play in contract negotiations to try to sign him for a little cheaper deal, when usually a linebacker of his caliber would cost more.

He injuried his foot.

Child please. Stick to the Steelers. Your game is tiring.

Mixon left Thursday’s practice with a bruised heel, but said he could have returned.

“I was going to go back in but they told me to shut it down,” said Mixon, who is the top rookie crowd pleaser of this camp. “I’m OK, though.” …

Edited by NamecipS

I don't think so. I think even the Hoodie would like to have him. I think coaches and the front office would think it's more of a Bengal coaching problem and lack of leadership. It's not like it's the first time Marvin has had guys he has had trouble reeling in for whatever reason. Especially after coaches meet him in person, I think he would definitely be wanted by mostly every team if truly a free agent. The guy really is a good guy when you meet him, and does a lot of good things away from the field. Never has been in trouble outside of football either. Those reasons with how good of a player he is would make most teams try for him still. Especially when teams could use his dirty play in contract negotiations to try to sign him for a little cheaper deal, when usually a linebacker of his caliber would cost more.

My favorite post you've ever made... couldn't agree more.

I'll take him over Keith Rivers, James Francis, Dawson, Rey Rey and every other LB they've drafted in long time. So would every other team in NFL. They all want Dick Butkis - you know him, the guy the NFL celebrates as an all time great, but he would be Tez today.

I'll take him over Keith Rivers, James Francis, Dawson, Rey Rey and every other LB they've drafted in long time. So would every other team in NFL. They all want Dick Butkis - you know him, the guy the NFL celebrates as an all time great, but he would be Tez today.

Francis was just as good.

Francis was just as good.

Based on what? That out of 9 years with the Bengals Francis had 5 years of 55 or less tackles for the whole season. Burfict has more tackles in 5 years in the NFL, than Francis had in his 10 year NFL career. Now if you want to say well Francis was more of a pass rusher. Which is true. During his 9 year Bengal career he averaged only 3.5 sacks a year. So not good at all.

He averaged basically 55 tackles a year and 3.5 sacks a year. But yeah he is just as good as Burfict....

Based on what? That out of 9 years with the Bengals Francis had 5 years of 55 or less tackles for the whole season. Burfict has more tackles in 5 years in the NFL, than Francis had in his 10 year NFL career. Now if you want to say well Francis was more of a pass rusher. Which is true. During his 9 year Bengal career he averaged only 3.5 sacks a year. So not good at all.

He averaged basically 55 tackles a year and 3.5 sacks a year. But yeah he is just as good as Burfict....

Francis played 9 years had 33.5 sacks, 11 ints, 3 tds and zero bone head mistakea!