Thoughts and Opinions on the NCAA Tournament Bracket/Field

RoyalWildcat

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they did, but I don't really see it.

They've beaten Illinois State twice, LSU & Oklahoma. That's it. Everyone else they've played that's even average they've lost to.

I was looking at the following stats that makes them seem better than a 10 seed:

Ranked 20th in the AP poll

1 of only 10 teams in the country that rank in the top 25 in both offensive and defensive efficiency

30-4 record

Will admit, didn't look at their schedule at all.

Maybe they did, but I don't really see it.

They've beaten Illinois State twice, LSU & Oklahoma. That's it. Everyone else they've played that's even average they've lost to.

Have you seen them play? This team is very, very good. Vegas has them favored over the six seed by 6.5!

Has UK ever been in a bracket that you didn't think was the toughest?

Agreed. UK fans say it every year and it gets a little annoying.

In response, when was the last time they were in a bracket that all the talking heads thought might be the easiest?

In the end, you gotta beat good teams and then really good teams to win it all.

Agreed. UK fans say it every year and it gets a little annoying.

In response, when was the last time they were in a bracket that all the talking heads thought might be the easiest?

In the end, you gotta beat good teams and then really good teams to win it all.

Facts tend to back it up though, hate when that happens. Do me a favor, show me the facts that prove to you that UK is not in the toughest bracket this year. Seems that all the talking heads are saying the same thing on ESPN etc. too.

Facts tend to back it up though, hate when that happens. Do me a favor, show me the facts that prove to you that UK is not in the toughest bracket this year. Seems that all the talking heads are saying the same thing on ESPN etc. too.

I'm not saying they aren't in the toughest region this year. I'm saying it's annoying how UK fans whine about it every year.

One of the reasons Kentucky is often in the toughest bracket is because usually UK is one of the main reasons its the toughest.

Wichita State has a higher scoring margin differential in-conference compared to their team that started 34-0. They are much improved since the start of the season and have rolled through the conference tilt winning virtually every game in blowout fashion. I am not saying they should have been a 3 seed, but a 6 or 7 would have been much more appropriate.

So you think they are in an easy bracket this year? To answer your question, yes, when they were the overall #1 seed.

I didn't say their bracket was easy. But your posts smell of the guy that is going to complain regardless of how UK is seeded and who is in their bracket.

Wichita State has a higher scoring margin differential in-conference compared to their team that started 34-0. They are much improved since the start of the season and have rolled through the conference tilt winning virtually every game in blowout fashion. I am not saying they should have been a 3 seed, but a 6 or 7 would have been much more appropriate.

Okay. Let's flip the seeds then. Dayton should've been more like a 10 and Wichita is the 7. What does that actually change?