How have transfers effected you area, and how will Charter Schools effect it

Yes you will, clearly they weren't all transfers that came in this past season, but at one point or another they did transfer in and are not originally from Winchester.

See post number 28 above. Using that definition of transfers, how many of the GRC players are really transfers?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mason has at least one transfer on their roster and would welcome more.

Yes you're right, that young lady didn't dress varsity and played very few minutes in JV. Her reason for transfer was because of personal issues and out of respect for her I'll just leave it at that.

Edited by Mike Baxter

So all of them played varsity basketball while attending another High School before transferring to GRC?

Montgomery County , Mercer County, and Boone County are the ones I know off the top of my head. Once my source gets back with me I'll fill you in on the rest.

Yes you're right, that young lady didn't dress varsity and played very few minutes in JV. Her reason for transfer was because of bullying issues at BCHS I believe.

I'm sure GRC's has their reasons as well.

Again, Mason wouldn't turn them away either.

If a student initiated a transfer because they because they liked the math program at another school, and that program would best help them succeed at the next level, would we fuss?

If they joined the math academic competition team and started beating their former high school, I'm sure there would be some people who would fuss about it. Especially if there was a Kentucky math association with rules that should prevent the transfer and the state association just ignored their rules and allowed it.

My source was a GRC alum, I contacted him to get the names and will get back to you when I hear from him.

Once again, I have no "agenda" I'm a sports fanatic and call it the way I see it. If you don't like it then that's not my problem.

Yell right , no agenda my foot. Mason loses for trip to state and you bring this up every chance you get. You started this thread and singled out GRC.

Will be waiting for those names.

Yell right , no agenda my foot. Mason loses for trip to state and you bring this up every chance you get. You started this thread and singled out GRC.

Will be waiting for those names.

I'm sorry, but if I am correct you told me to keep my comments about the game, so I started a thread that way I could discuss it. and if recall correctly there has been a thread on this issue before with GRC so it's not like it's anything new.