10th Region Tournament Preview

mcpapa

Why does everyone complain about travel? The way people stay on this site I would think they would wear gasoline drawers in hell to support their squad...it's not an ideal trip to Robertson/Bracken w 50 deer daring you to drive those silly roads...venue doesn't matter....play ball!!

Agree.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everyone complain about travel? The way people stay on this site I would think they would wear gasoline drawers in hell to support their squad...it's not an ideal trip to Robertson/Bracken w 50 deer daring you to drive those silly roads...venue doesn't matter....play ball!!

My school is in the 10th. I can get to any school in the 9th in about 20 minutes (Cooper is the exception) or to BB&T in a bout 10 minutes. Can't say the same for the 10th. With no dog in the hunt right now, the odds of me as a casual viewer in the 10th is minimal. The odds of me taking in a game in the 9th is pretty good.

My school is in the 10th. I can get to any school in the 9th in about 20 minutes (Cooper is the exception) or to BB&T in a bout 10 minutes. Can't say the same for the 10th. With no dog in the hunt right now, the odds of me as a casual viewer in the 10th is minimal. The odds of me taking in a game in the 9th is pretty good.

Is what it is. 9th metropolitan, while 10th rural.

Travel never was an issue with the old 10th region ... when the KHSAA moved the 9th region teams in, that's when travel became an issue. I'm pretty sure teams like Montgomery and Clark really don't like traveling all the way to Northern Kentucky ... but they do. So, it is what it is ... if you support your team, travel should never be an issue ... otherwise, petition the KHSAA to have your team you support move to another region! This past football season, the Paris Greyhounds traveled to Ludlow, Covington Holmes (twice), Bishop Brossart, Bardstown, Middlesboro, Pineville and Paintsville ... now that's putting some miles on your car but our fans made those trips ... didn't like it ... but they still traveled!:sssh:

Travel never was an issue with the old 10th region ... when the KHSAA moved the 9th region teams in, that's when travel became an issue. I'm pretty sure teams like Montgomery and Clark really don't like traveling all the way to Northern Kentucky ... but they do. So, it is what it is ... if you support your team, travel should never be an issue ... otherwise, petition the KHSAA to have your team you support move to another region! This past football season, the Paris Greyhounds traveled to Ludlow, Covington Holmes (twice), Bishop Brossart, Bardstown, Middlesboro, Pineville and Paintsville ... now that's putting some miles on your car but our fans made those trips ... didn't like it ... but they still traveled!:sssh:

I may have to trade the Escalade in w all those miles logged in Football...but guess what...wouldn't trade it for the world...love game days...t-shirts are on hold when it's game day!!

Agree. Just glad my team is in tourney. Can't be there this year but I haven't missed a tourney game in the. 24 years I have lived in Clark Co. I will follow them anywhere. Went to the beachball tourney and didn't think at all about the travel.

I do like that it is rotated every 4 years.

Same here! School I supported is in the 10th and as much as I support and still root for them not making the drive to Mason Co. Will be at BB&T for multiple dates for 9th Region Tourney.

Same here! School I supported is in the 10th and as much as I support and still root for them not making the drive to Mason Co. Will be at BB&T for multiple dates for 9th Region Tourney.

I'll see you there! (except for tonight) first round of GSC tourney is tonight. Potential play in game for NCAA tourney!!

I think there will be a bigger crowd than expected IF that does happen. Been a one possession game each time. The biggest crowds are usually the semi-final games.

The biggest crowds IMO are when the Royals are in the Championship game, regardless of location. But having two NKY schools in the finals kills the attendance, proved that in 2015 I believe.

The biggest crowds IMO are when the Royals are in the Championship game, regardless of location. But having two NKY schools in the finals kills the attendance, proved that in 2015 I believe.

I think the outcome of 2015 was already predetermined. It's not the fact it was two NKY schools in the finals. I think a Paris/Campbell finals this year or hopefully a Bracken County team in the finals would draw the same attendance.

I think the outcome of 2015 was already predetermined. It's not the fact it was two NKY schools in the finals. I think a Paris/Campbell finals this year or hopefully a Bracken County team in the finals would draw the same attendance.

A Paris/Campbell Final would definitely be a bigger, better crowd then Scott/Campbell.

Scott/Campbell final is comparable to an all Western Ky final at Sweet 15