10th Region Tournament Preview

mcpapa

There is one issue the won't be a factor with this game, both teams will be playing on neutral court with each team being about an hour from home. Man the beauty of the central location.

You said it! So glad not to be going over the river and through the woods and past GRC to get to the game site in Timbuktu. I think last year someone referred to it as "the other side of hell" or somesuch.

That drive wasn't so bad for me, but I couldn't imagine driving two hours, on a school bus, after school for a basketball game, on a school night. Just inconvenient and unnecessary.

Why does everyone complain about travel? The way people stay on this site I would think they would wear gasoline drawers in hell to support their squad...it's not an ideal trip to Robertson/Bracken w 50 deer daring you to drive those silly roads...venue doesn't matter....play ball!!

Travel never was an issue with the old 10th region ... when the KHSAA moved the 9th region teams in, that's when travel became an issue. I'm pretty sure teams like Montgomery and Clark really don't like traveling all the way to Northern Kentucky ... but they do. So, it is what it is ... if you support your team, travel should never be an issue ... otherwise, petition the KHSAA to have your team you support move to another region! This past football season, the Paris Greyhounds traveled to Ludlow, Covington Holmes (twice), Bishop Brossart, Bardstown, Middlesboro, Pineville and Paintsville ... now that's putting some miles on your car but our fans made those trips ... didn't like it ... but they still traveled!:sssh:

I may have to trade the Escalade in w all those miles logged in Football...but guess what...wouldn't trade it for the world...love game days...t-shirts are on hold when it's game day!!

A Paris/Campbell Final would definitely be a bigger, better crowd then Scott/Campbell.

Scott/Campbell final is comparable to an all Western Ky final at Sweet 15

Totally agree. Everyone on this side wants to see the best against the best. I've yet to see Campbell in person this year so I'll be there early in my Orange & Black. Supporting the strength of the 40th district in that one but I would much rather play Campbell in the finals.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll see you there! (except for tonight) first round of GSC tourney is tonight. Potential play in game for NCAA tourney!!

I have seats in the Presidents box for tomorrow night but somehow you will end up in the floor seats trumping my seat location!

Go Bucs!

I have seats in the Presidents box for tomorrow night but somehow you will end up in the floor seats trumping my seat location!

Go Bucs!

It's good to have connections! Let me know if you have an extra seat. Go Bucs!

So you would prefer to have the 10th tourney at NKU every year instead of a centralized location in the 10th Region ?

Me personally? Yes. Not saying it's the best for the region and the teams involved, but as a casual fan I'll be avoiding the AA especially on a night like tonight.

So you would prefer to have the 10th tourney at NKU every year instead of a centralized location in the 10th Region ?

As a casual fan I would prefer the games be at NKU. Live in Northern Kentucky and the arena is fantastic and can't beat it's proximity.

My kid's played in the Fieldhouse, Montgomery Co and NKU as participants in the 10th Region tourney. I enjoyed regionals in each of those locations but as a parent you don't mind making those drives.

I enjoyed the week where the 9th & 10th were hosted at NKU the most just because you had high school tournament basketball every night of the week and it was 10 minutes from my house. However, there is something about the Fieldhouse with all of it's history when it is sold out and rocking

As a casual fan I would prefer the games be at NKU. Live in Northern Kentucky and the arena is fantastic and can't beat it's proximity.

My kid's played in the Fieldhouse, Montgomery Co and NKU as participants in the 10th Region tourney. I enjoyed regionals in each of those locations but as a parent you don't mind making those drives.

I enjoyed the week where the 9th & 10th were hosted at NKU the most just because you had high school tournament basketball every night of the week and it was 10 minutes from my house. However, there is something about the Fieldhouse with all of it's history when it is sold out and rocking

Can't argue with any of this.

Totally agree. Everyone on this side wants to see the best against the best. I've yet to see Campbell in person this year so I'll be there early in my Orange & Black. Supporting the strength of the 40th district in that one but I would much rather play Campbell in the finals.

I always support the 40th district . Hope Paris makes it to the finals.

Why would rather play Campbell?

I always support the 40th district . Hope Paris makes it to the finals.

Why would rather play Campbell?

Same way if Scott wins out I would rather see GRC Scott final then a Campbell-Scott round 4. This year with the success of the 4 teams it kinda feels like central ky vs northern kentucky inside this region. Which is stronger?