letabrotherspeak

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

From all accounts Jarren Williams lit it up during this past weekends Elite 11 finals (the most prestigious prep QB camp).

He's already been given a fourth star by a couple different recruiting services but he is inching closer and closer to consensus four star status. As hard as it is to say, Williams may still be slightly underrated. None the less, good to see some rave reviews coming out of Cali' and the Elite 11 finals.

According to this he finished around 9th out of 24, ahead of scouts #2 ranked QB and USC commit Matt Corral, not bad....

12 Elite 11 Finalists Invited to The Opening - Football Recruiting - Scout

Here's another good write up from Cats Pause...

Williams impresses at Elite 11

• 2 weeks later...
Was UC recruiting him?

His released announcement sure could have used a proof reader.

From what I have read is that UK now focused on Blue Smith, Meechi Harris and Chris Oats from Ohio.

Some, but not a full press like a few other guys because of the things I mentioned. Ultimately I think the kid is going to have to move to DE. He doesn't have the natural instincts required to play MLB.

OSU is highly likely for Blue Smith and Oats will probably end up at UC. Harris is a toss up, but I'd guess UK on that one as of today...

Good get on paper but word is he had a rough week at The Opening. Also a good chance he doesn't qualify, but will look good in the recruiting rankings...

The All-Opening Team: 35 elite recruits from college football’s top showcase - SBNation.com

This article has him as one of the 3 best linebackers in attendance. Kid is also an Under Armour All-American aka the most prestigious high school all star game. I do agree that he looks like a better 3-4 OLB prospect than a Mike LB.

The All-Opening Team: 35 elite recruits from college football’s top showcase - SBNation.com

This article has him as one of the 3 best linebackers in attendance. Kid is also an Under Armour All-American aka the most prestigious high school all star game. I do agree that he looks like a better 3-4 OLB prospect than a Mike LB.

Most prestigious game over the Army game!? Never thought I'd hear that.

He passes the look test about as well as anyone in the country, but that is about potential and not production. I've been in contact with multiple national scouts at the event and they all felt he struggled outside of the part where he is physically a freak of nature. Struggling to get lined up and understanding what the calls were telling him to do. He also struggled with elite backs in space in 1 on 1 drills. Could be a solid get playing with a hand on the ground and attacking the passer...