Kentucky Recruiting 2018

letabrotherspeak

I hope when he decided to take all his OV, the UK staff told him if you're going to look around we are too.

He's a good player, but who ever is handling his recruitment is doing a terrible job in terms of PR. Oh, and his Dad is just as bad when he went on KSR and said unless there was a coaching change his son was going to commit and enroll early to UK. :rolleyes:

Kudos to the dad for playing with the feelings of the guys at KSR. Maybe they'll realize that people think they are a joke.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope when he decided to take all his OV, the UK staff told him if you're going to look around we are too.

He's a good player, but who ever is handling his recruitment is doing a terrible job in terms of PR. Oh, and his Dad is just as bad when he went on KSR and said unless there was a coaching change his son was going to commit and enroll early to UK. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness I think Williams was committed to UK, then saw that Miami gives him a chance to play early and actually compete for a national championship. Couple that with living in Miami and it's no question.

Kudos to the dad for playing with the feelings of the guys at KSR. Maybe they'll realize that people think they are a joke.

He wasn't playing with their feelings. There was speculation by fans that after getting his offers from Bama and OSU he wouldn't end up at UK. His dad calls in to ensure the fan base he is committed to UK and will be enrolling in Jan.

In all seriousness I think Williams was committed to UK, then saw that Miami gives him a chance to play early and actually compete for a national championship. Couple that with living in Miami and it's no question.

I knew UK was in trouble when he said he was taking his visits. If he was truly committed why take those visits?

He wasn't playing with their feelings. There was speculation by fans that after getting his offers from Bama and OSU he wouldn't end up at UK. His dad calls in to ensure the fan base he is committed to UK and will be enrolling in Jan.
Knowing very well that he already had trips to Miami and OSU scheduled.

I knew UK was in trouble when he said he was taking his visits. If he was truly committed why take those visits?

Because he was still looking for a reason to not go to UK. He didn't have that before this week. Bama has worked him hard, but he wouldn't see the field barring injury until at least his junior year. UK offered him a chance to play early on an improving program. Miami offers him that same chance, but on a team capable of winning a national championship. He'll be at OSU this week, but that will be a similar case to Bama because he won't get early playing time at OSU.

Because he was still looking for a reason to not go to UK. He didn't have that before this week. Bama has worked him hard, but he wouldn't see the field barring injury until at least his junior year. UK offered him a chance to play early on an improving program. Miami offers him that same chance, but on a team capable of winning a national championship. He'll be at OSU this week, but that will be a similar case to Bama because he won't get early playing time at OSU.
Looking for a reason to not go to UK doesn't make sense. If he didn't want to go to UK then don't recommit. It's that simple.