Beechwood's 2017 Schedule - Brilliant or Brutal?

theguru

Beechwood will do just fine and will compete with SK and Cov Cath. They will probably handle everyone else, with Corbin probably being their toughest other game. I am sure the kids on their team are excited to have a 6a school on the schedule to see how they stack up. The have a lot of competitors on that team that won't back down. I think the early tough schedule is good because they get bored in district. They also scrimmage Connor every year and are right there with them.

Even if these games are front-loaded I don't see how getting physically pounded by CCH and SK will make you a better team come playoff time.

Back in the 90s and early 2000s, Beechwood was the one doing the physical pounding, and I don't see that as much different now. They're a team that always lines up and goes blow-to-blow with the big dogs. They were always a base wishbone-type team that would just run the ball down your throat. Don't make mistakes and capitalize on the opponent's mistakes.

I understand that the style of play is different now, especially for CovCath, but I think Beechwood playing a more simple style, with running the ball a lot and not trying to go blow-for-blow with CCH, could be beneficial.

Snake nailed it, plus if rumor is true of having to move to 2A next cycle this will be a must to prepare. For the moment, I think it will help but it will be less obvious. that said, I suspect it will be eye opening as a experience for the tigers when they move. 2A is a different animal

I think Beechwood can rise to the occasion but they just have to have some players step-up and play hardball, just like they use to do.

That's how they'd beat you: they'd pound you, be conditioned to go hard all game in a brutal style, and then just wait for you to make a mistake.

Coach Rash has done a nice job with the schedule the last couple of cycles. He is matching the schedule to his personnel. Beechwood has a young line with good size coming back. They should be able to compete over the next couple years with the bigger schools added to the schedule.

The schedule the last couple of years was a little lighter on the big schools because Coach Rash knew he had a young line and smaller than usual team that would not match up well with the 6A schools. In years before the last couple, Beechwood usually had 4 or 5 out of district schools that were 4A or larger. The next two years only Covington Catholic and Simon Kenton are 4A or larger. Because of that, I don't see this schedule being much more difficult than schedules in previous years.