Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

District Seeding Process

Featured Replies

Just wanted to get other people's ideas and share mine on this topic. I think every district should seed and it should be done the following way:

 

1) Every team has to play each district team twice (home/away) in the regular season. This will create a situation where teams will have to prove they are the one seed but also create more inner-district rivalries.

 

2) Tie breakers should be as follows (get rid of these coin tosses):

  • Head to Head
  • Point differential in district seeded games
  • Away district seeded games point differential
  • Home district seeded games point differential
  • Region record
  • Region away record

 

Open to other suggestions

  • Replies 58
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will agree that when it comes to post season, everyone should be on the same playing field. I was discussing this very thing with some other coaches. Point differential in district seed games is good, I also like points allowed in district seed games. Just ridiculous how some are done now.

The argument in some of the districts playing twice is how bad the other teams are in the district compared to a power house team that wins all other 6 games by 30 plus. The power house team wants to go out and use those 3 games against big time competition.

The flip side the other way is a bad team goes to region based on a draw/flip and another team gets a gimme game in regional first round, making path easier to finals of region.

I like the DRAW.

If you're the best team in the district, it doesn't matter who you play!

I like the DRAW.

If you're the best team in the district, it doesn't matter who you play!

 

So why even play regular season district?

Just wanted to get other people's ideas and share mine on this topic. I think every district should seed and it should be done the following way:

 

1) Every team has to play each district team twice (home/away) in the regular season. This will create a situation where teams will have to prove they are the one seed but also create more inner-district rivalries.

 

2) Tie breakers should be as follows (get rid of these coin tosses):

  • Head to Head
  • Point differential in district seeded games
  • Away district seeded games point differential
  • Home district seeded games point differential
  • Region record
  • Region away record

 

Open to other suggestions

 

You make some valid points, but why make it so complicated, trying to keep up with all that stuff. Much more exciting and suspenseful, for school representatives to show up for 30 minutes in early February, close their eyes and draw a name out of a hat.

 

(Sorry, only kidding. I know you're looking for serious discussion. Just pointing out how ludicrous a blind draw is.)

  • Author

If I was a school in blind draw, I wouldn't play a single district team in the regular season. Make them have to prepare for me without playing me. I think that the argument would be that it makes each team have to travel to each others gyms.

Point differential often makes coaches run up the score, when they otherwise would not. Everything else looks good.

Point differential often makes coaches run up the score, when they otherwise would not. Everything else looks good.

 

Agree on this point, why we took it out of our tiebreaker rules.

If I was a school in blind draw, I wouldn't play a single district team in the regular season. Make them have to prepare for me without playing me. I think that the argument would be that it makes each team have to travel to each others gyms.

 

(Sorry, here I go again. :lol2:)

 

 

....you're a bully, you're taking your ball and going home.....I'll need to go read other threads to see all the reasons why you're so wrong. Because all the points you've made pale in comparison with "it's about what's in my best interest", not what is in the best interest of all the student athletes from all the schools.

I like the DRAW.

If you're the best team in the district, it doesn't matter who you play!

 

So lets reward the 3rd and 4th best teams in the district by letting them play in the 1st round.

I think the take the best records of 6 teams you have beaten as a tie-breaker like they do in football. Makes every regular season game matter. Also why I am a fan of a seeded super regional, every game matters!

Once again something in place that is uniform for the entire state. When it comes to post season it should be the same for all schools. Indiana has complete control over there post season as they should in my opinion.

If you go by point differential you may have a #1 seed beating the heck out of a #3 or #4 just to gain an edge in point differential. I hope I explained that good enough.

If I was a school in blind draw, I wouldn't play a single district team in the regular season. Make them have to prepare for me without playing me. I think that the argument would be that it makes each team have to travel to each others gyms.

 

Why only if a blind draw ? Why not make it allowable to not play any district opponent, even if seeded ? Just use W-L record.

 

Your statement seems to have a punishment factor in it....not sure why

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.