Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

District Seeding Process

Featured Replies

In some instances the draw just works. Take Madison Central, why make them schedule 4 games against Berea and Model when the out come for the most part is a forgone conclusion. By not scheduling Berea and Model, Central schedules Hoptown, Trinity, and Covington Catholic and Berea and Model get to paly teams that they can compete against and not get blown out. I think this makes all teams programs better. I guess in a perfect world it would be nice for everybody to play each other, but in some instances it doesn't make sense. Just my 2 cents worth.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If a #1 seed is so ahead in competitiveness to the point where it would be useless to play, districts can do what the 37th does. Campbell County, Scott, and Bishop Brossart all play each other for the 1, 2, 3 seed. These teams do not play Silver Grove and Calvary Christian as they have agreed to be the 4 and 5 seed every year.

If a #1 seed is so ahead in competitiveness to the point where it would be useless to play, districts can do what the 37th does. Campbell County, Scott, and Bishop Brossart all play each other for the 1, 2, 3 seed. These teams do not play Silver Grove and Calvary Christian as they have agreed to be the 4 and 5 seed every year.

 

Not at all true....

 

CCHS - Calvary 12/22 - 97-26

 

Scott - Calvary 12/8 - 88-59

 

BBHS - Calvary 1/9 - 59-35

IMG_0309.JPG

Not at all true....
I thought they used to do that? Calvary Christian did not play Campbell or Scott last year, neither did The Grove.

 

Here is what the KHSAA website says

Edited by Vito Corleone
Added picture

I thought they used to do that? Calvary Christian did not play Campbell or Scott last year, neither did The Grove.

 

If you chose not to play your District schedule, and opt out of post season, I believe that is an option and I believe that could have happened at Silver Grove in the past. Not sure about Calvary

I like the DRAW.

If you're the best team in the district, it doesn't matter who you play!

But, what if you're the second best team in the district, or you and another team are equal as the best teams in the district. When the two best teams play each other in the first round, and it's you that looses. It's a hard pill to swallow watching a team you beat by 30+ points go to region while you sit at home.

Blind draw should never happen........

I understand that some smaller schools would not get to the region very often.

However, when that smaller school is, let's say, the second best team in their district, and they draw the best team in the first round and lose. You take away their chance to compete in the region with a team that can possibly win a game or two.

 

To me it's rewarding failure.

dd734 It's OK to disagree.

I think the KHSAA needs to step in and make it a rule that all districts seed. They can still give individual districts the decision on if they are going to play each team in the district once or twice depending on the decision of the individual district. They (KHSAA) essentially seed all football districts and if schools don't want to participate they just a schedule I really don't see why it cannot be passed in basketball.

 

A good example is there are some teams in district's that has two really good teams that are the two best teams in that region and if its a blind draw one of them could be eliminated the first game of the district. I really don't think that is fair either.

 

I hear people on here all the time talk about the KHSAA should seed the the pairings for the state tournament, but don't want to seed districts.

dd734 It's OK to disagree.

Thanks

I think the KHSAA needs to step in and make it a rule that all districts seed. They can still give individual districts the decision on if they are going to play each team in the district once or twice depending on the decision of the individual district. They (KHSAA) essentially seed all football districts and if schools don't want to participate they just a schedule I really don't see why it cannot be passed in basketball.

 

A good example is there are some teams in district's that has two really good teams that are the two best teams in that region and if its a blind draw one of them could be eliminated the first game of the district. I really don't think that is fair either.

 

I hear people on here all the time talk about the KHSAA should seed the the pairings for the state tournament, but don't want to seed districts.

 

I'm actually for the blind draw, but if every district in the state is going to seed it's going to have to be because the commissioner made them do so. Otherwise, this isn't going to ever happen.

I'm actually for the blind draw, but if every district in the state is going to seed it's going to have to be because the commissioner made them do so. Otherwise, this isn't going to ever happen.

 

I agree with you 100% I just think they should they do it in football already. I think on a lot of things especially with it's cash cow (basketball) the KHSAA tries to be to politically correct and does not want to make the tough decisions. Just like they will probably do in the 39th district situation. I know you are very familiar with that.lol

I agree with you 100% I just think they should they do it in football already. I think on a lot of things especially with it's cash cow (basketball) the KHSAA tries to be to politically correct and does not want to make the tough decisions. Just like they will probably do in the 39th district situation. I know you are very familiar with that.lol

 

I believe you're exactly right. I've heard from people that have been in similar situations that the commissioner normally goes with the majority because he doesn't want to upset those schools. Don't know any validity to that, but just what someone who has experience with similar situations said.

I'm actually for the blind draw, but if every district in the state is going to seed it's going to have to be because the commissioner made them do so. Otherwise, this isn't going to ever happen.

I commented why I believe seeding is better.

Can you give your take on why you believe a blind draw is better?

So far you've just stated you like the blind draw, but no reason as to why.

I commented why I believe seeding is better.

Can you give your take on why you believe a blind draw is better?

So far you've just stated you like the blind draw, but no reason as to why.

 

The opinion on blind draw/seeding is school specific. Blind draw gives the smaller schools a better chance to experience playing in the regional tournament. For example: 39th District - Mason Co. wants to seed now (a few years ago they voted to draw because they didn't care who they played - HOW THE MIGHTY HAVE FALLEN?) Augusta/St. Pat's best chance to go to the region is to draw each other on a normal annual basis. Augusta's had good teams in the past few years, but if you look at it from a long term basis, their best chance is to draw.

The opinion on blind draw/seeding is school specific. Blind draw gives the smaller schools a better chance to experience playing in the regional tournament. For example: 39th District - Mason Co. wants to seed now (a few years ago they voted to draw because they didn't care who they played - HOW THE MIGHTY HAVE FALLEN?) Augusta/St. Pat's best chance to go to the region is to draw each other on a normal annual basis. Augusta's had good teams in the past few years, but if you look at it from a long term basis, their best chance is to draw.

So the blind draw is a way to reward teams with a regional appearance for underachievement, while ignoring a better teams achievements.

 

Got it. :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.