Southwestern 104 Pulaski County 85

I'm not familiar with the region. There were some offseason transfers that make this game interesting to me as an outsider. I had no idea Southwestern was stacked with so much talent last season. Are they really that much better than Pulaski even with the player movements?

I'm not familiar with the region. There were some offseason transfers that make this game interesting to me as an outsider. I had no idea Southwestern was stacked with so much talent last season. Are they really that much better than Pulaski even with the player movements?

The adage.......addition by subtraction applies here. SW has better ball movement(ball doesn't stick as much) and others are getting their chance with the other players moving on to PC.

Dec 29th Pulaski wins by 15

Jan 13th Pulaski wins by 1

Feb 10th Southwestern wins by 19

A fourth matchup, if it were to happen, would be in the Region 12 Finals. Both have shown that they could get that far and both have shown they may not. It would be exciting locally for those two to battle it out for a trip to Rupp.

Suthwestern is tough at home regardless of the opponent. They looked really good the other night against Boyle County and it looked like that momentum carried over into Friday night's game.

Pulaski County is not at 100% and while that may not have made a difference in the outcome it still has an effect on the game and the play of Pulaski County.

IMO these are still the top two teams in the 12th Region. I wouldn't be surprised if either of these teams won the region. I wouldn't be surprised if neither won the Region. The 12th is that insane this season.

Dec 29th Pulaski wins by 15

Jan 13th Pulaski wins by 1

Feb 10th Southwestern wins by 19

A fourth matchup, if it were to happen, would be in the Region 12 Finals. Both have shown that they could get that far and both have shown they may not. It would be exciting locally for those two to battle it out for a trip to Rupp.

Has the 12th Region already been drawn? For all we know they could meet in the region first round should one of them get upset in a district final.

Has the 12th Region already been drawn? For all we know they could meet in the region first round should one of them get upset in a district final.

That's true...I lost my head there last night. Not sure what I was thinking except in my head for some reason I had them in opposite sides of the 12th. You are right, they could play sooner.

Edited by Jumper_Dad

Southwestern is in a 3 team district with Wayne County and McCreary Central. I feel confident in saying they will win their district tournament. They are already in the region tournament because they didn't lose a district game this year.

Pulaski County has a considerably tougher road as the 47th District is arguably the toughest district in the region. Somerset has already defeated them and Casey County and Rockcastle County are certainly capable of defeating them. That being said I do expect Pulaski County to win the district tournament and be a 1 seed like Southwestern. They could still meet Southwestern in the semifinals.

The 12th Region Tournament Draw always excites me more than the Sweet 16 Draw.

Suthwestern is tough at home regardless of the opponent. They looked really good the other night against Boyle County and it looked like that momentum carried over into Friday night's game.

Pulaski County is not at 100% and while that may not have made a difference in the outcome it still has an effect on the game and the play of Pulaski County.

IMO these are still the top two teams in the 12th Region. I wouldn't be surprised if either of these teams won the region. I wouldn't be surprised if neither won the Region. The 12th is that insane this season.

Pulaski will fall apart. Not enough balls to go around for a team who plays individual basketball. Bicker and argue the entire game. Gover one of my favorite to watch in the 12th. Still not counting out my Titans though! Faulkner is due 40 on any given night and those seniors are wayyyy underrated! Got lost in the mix the past couple seasons and just now seeing significant varsity clock.

Southwestern is in a 3 team district with Wayne County and McCreary Central. I feel confident in saying they will win their district tournament. They are already in the region tournament because they didn't lose a district game this year.

Agreed, Southwestern is the favorite. Wayne County has topped them in the district championship game each of the last three years, however, and it can be argued that Southwestern was the favorite in 2016 (and maybe even 2015). I'd pick Southwestern to win (they are the home team) but it wouldn't surprise me to see Wayne County make the Warriors sweat a little.

Agreed, Southwestern is the favorite. Wayne County has topped them in the district championship game each of the last three years, however, and it can be argued that Southwestern was the favorite in 2016 (and maybe even 2015). I'd pick Southwestern to win (they are the home team) but it wouldn't surprise me to see Wayne County make the Warriors sweat a little.

Not this season. Maybe next year.