How Long Does Sean Spicer Survive?

Clyde

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spicer makes just north of $175K a year for his gig....Not bad coin to just speak in front of reporters each day.

The Press Secretary's job is brutal. It is why none of them last very long. $175K is not much.... especially in DC. Of course all of these top officials I feel are underpaid for the amount of time and effort they put into the job. Speaking in front of reporters is a fraction of a Press Secretary's day.

Not necessarily a bad thing.

There is a fine line. You need to have enough security that you can use your experience in roles to perform difficult tasks and critically think. You have to have enough insecurity that you are constantly making the greatest effort to comb through all factors to influence those decisions. Can't be complacent, for sure, but can't be afraid to lose positions for doing what you believe is best in your current role.

The Press Secretary's job is brutal. It is why none of them last very long. $175K is not much.... especially in DC. Of course all of these top officials I feel are underpaid for the amount of time and effort they put into the job. Speaking in front of reporters is a fraction of a Press Secretary's day.

He will make millions touring the country and writing an auto-biography. He'll be ok.

I don't feel like Spicer ever gets prepped on what Trump is about to do, why he just did what he did, or where Trump's mind is currently at. He's left to guess, and sometimes it seems like he's just giving his opinion of what he thinks the President wants him to communicate. This has to be the worst Administration ever to be a mouth piece for.

He will make millions touring the country and writing an auto-biography. He'll be ok.

I don't feel like Spicer ever gets prepped on what Trump is about to do, why he just did what he did, or where Trump's mind is currently at. He's left to guess, and sometimes it seems like he's just giving his opinion of what he thinks the President wants him to communicate. This has to be the worst Administration ever to be a mouth piece for.

I am just speaking in general, not making a political statement. That is a brutal job.

I am just speaking in general, not making a political statement. That is a brutal job.

I am agreeing with you for sure. I don't know how you do a job in any position where you have to go into a presentation basically blind, or at best, w/ half of the information that you need.

• 2 months later...

Spicer became a national laughingstock with his tortured and surreal attempts at defending this president. It was a nearly impossible job (White House press briefings are now held off camera to preserve what little remains of Sarah Sanders dignity), and you almost feel sorry for him. Almost.