Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How are district ties handled?

Featured Replies

4 team district that all play each other. Two are tied for first place, will it be decided on a coin toss or points won by.

head to head?

Usually, the team with the most political pull gets the more favorable seed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just kidding

In the 56th they go by which team has the points advantage in head to head contest.

The rest of the state needs to get on board with the 4 districts that have a blind draw. Then you don't have to worry about ties and keep track of who beat who and by how much. You just show up and close your eyes and draw a name out of hat. Sounds much better, right?

:lol2:

I will say this about a draw. Back when I coach in a 5 team district there was so much excitement and nervousness when the district draw occurred. It helped bring excitement back into the last part of the regular season. When you seed, it eliminates excitement, but it does reward success in the regular season.

I will say this about a draw. Back when I coach in a 5 team district there was so much excitement and nervousness when the district draw occurred. It helped bring excitement back into the last part of the regular season. When you seed, it eliminates excitement, but it does reward success in the regular season.

 

I played under the old system too, but seeding is so much better because it typically gets the best teams in the district to the regional and not give a free pass to a crappy team and keep home a better one.

  • Author

So looking at the 8th district it will probably go down to a coin flip if Christian Co beats Hoptown next week on their home floor if both teams win out the rest of the season?

I will say this about a draw. Back when I coach in a 5 team district there was so much excitement and nervousness when the district draw occurred. It helped bring excitement back into the last part of the regular season. When you seed, it eliminates excitement, but it does reward success in the regular season.

 

Blind draws may be exciting on the day of the draw, but seeded games give each district game meaning and purpose. A seeded district game is almost like a tournament atmosphere and usually increases fan numbers in the bleachers.

Blind draws may be exciting on the day of the draw, but seeded games give each district game meaning and purpose. A seeded district game is almost like a tournament atmosphere and usually increases fan numbers in the bleachers.

Excellent point. I like it better if all district games counted. Currently in our district only the first game counts. Could come down to luck if where games our played.

4 team district that all play each other. Two are tied for first place, will it be decided on a coin toss or points won by.

 

I say settle it at the free throw line......best out of 10 and the Head Coaches do the shooting :lol2:

"Well, you're an otherwise perfect candidate for this job but during your background check we found you only shot 58% from the line in high school. Can you explain that?"

head to head?

 

I was thinking I answered this silly question. Than I looked at district 1. Head to head is not the tie breaker? Is that what I read? That is crazy.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.