January 27, 20179 yr Final. Xavier (read: Bluiett) was unconscious in the first half and led at the break. UC played solid ball in the second half to come from behind for the W.
January 27, 20179 yr Men vs boys sometimes on the boards. The scary thing is you take away crazy shooting by one player and god-awful FT shooting by UC and this would have been UGLY. Poor night for JP Macura. Bad decisions offensively. Abused by Cumberland. Bad shots taken by Sumner. Gaston and O'Mara were zeroes offensively . X needs a good win under their belt.
January 27, 20179 yr BUT...my guy Zach Tobler got to check in the game in his last shootout. Highlight of the night for me.
January 27, 20179 yr Author I was shocked at the ease UC was getting some of their offensive rebounds and second (sometimes third) chance points. They definitely cleaned up the glass the way the needed to to win. Team Stats FG XU: 22-56 (39.3%) UC: 30-60 (50.0%) 3PT XU: 15-28 (53.6%) UC: 8-23 (34.8%) FT XU: 19-23 (82.6%) UC: 18-37 (48.6%) Rebounds XU: 33 (13 offensive) UC: 42 (19 offensive) Assists XU: 18 UC: 14 Steals XU: 3 UC: 5 Blocks XU: 3 UC: 9 Turnovers XU: 12 UC: 8
January 27, 20179 yr No skin in the game for me. However, that said, I really enjoyed watching tonight's game. I thought the ESPN broadcasting threesome did a fine job of describing the action. They seemed to be caught up in the spectacle of the history and atmosphere of the Shootout.
January 27, 20179 yr BUT...my guy Zach Tobler got to check in the game in his last shootout. Highlight of the night for me. Agreed. Tobes is my dude, and seeing him get clock in his last Shootout was awesome...
January 27, 20179 yr The scary thing is you take away crazy shooting by one player and god-awful FT shooting by UC and this would have been UGLY. Told my brother in law the same exact thing on our way home from the game. Bluiett was 5 for 22 from 3 over the previous 4 games and started 8 for 8 or 9 for 9 in this one. Credit the kid for knocking down shots, but I'd be willing to bet he doesn't come close to shooting like that the rest of the year. Smart move by Mick to stick with Cumberland in the second half as he had it going offensively and couldn't be stopped by JP. He has played well in other games, but first time I've seen him be as assertive and aggressive as he was tonight. As far as FT's go...UC hits their season average of 66% and this is a 15-20 point win. I know this one meant a lot to Troy and Kev so good to see them finally get a win and Tobes to get a standing O from the sellout crowd at the end.
January 27, 20179 yr Such a frustrating game. Travon was great and I was very happy with Quentin's performance in his first Shootout. The other Muskies didn't get off the bus. X desperately needs a good win.
January 27, 20179 yr I watched Cumberland play in high school last year and thought he may struggle with D1 quickness. Wrong. Kid can go.
January 27, 20179 yr You tell me that a team would miss 19 FT's and their opponent would make 15 3's. No way do I have them winning the game.
January 27, 20179 yr Had a blast working last night. Was asked to work Sunday, but I have tickets to Garth. Will be working the UConn game though on 2/4.
January 27, 20179 yr Fortunately for X they have some ranked Big East teams left that give them a chance at building a decent tournament resume. Unfortunately for X is the fact that they are struggling against ranked teams who have seemed to adjust in the 2nd half on the way to victory. If they keep on blowing leads that they built up in the 1st half then one has to question the coaching.
January 27, 20179 yr Such a frustrating game. Travon was great and I was very happy with Quentin's performance in his first Shootout. The other Muskies didn't get off the bus. X desperately needs a good win. They showed no enthusiasm at all. Men playing boys. Xavier in real danger of not making tourney if they don't turn it around, and I don't see that happening based on last night.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.