Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton 68 Ryle 41

Featured Replies

Toyota Classic Champions!!!

SK is by far the best team in the 8th and arguably top 4 in the state. I would be very surprised if they have a close game in the district or regional tournament.

SK is by far the best team in the 8th and arguably top 4 in the state. I would be very surprised if they have a close game in the district or regional tournament.

 

Now be careful!! They are rolling and I'd love to see them make a run, but many said they would roll through the region last year and they didn't. I know it's a different year and they are very good! But if they do expect to make that run, they should dominate their district and region because it's just not that strong this year. If they stumble anywhere in district or region, t could indicate vulnerability.

 

If they stay focused and keep that common goal in sight, they will finish very strong. But things get a little tighter and teams throw a bunch of different things at you in post season. Hopefully they are prepared for it all.

Now be careful!! They are rolling and I'd love to see them make a run, but many said they would roll through the region last year and they didn't. I know it's a different year and they are very good! But if they do expect to make that run, they should dominate their district and region because it's just not that strong this year. If they stumble anywhere in district or region, t could indicate vulnerability.

 

If they stay focused and keep that common goal in sight, they will finish very strong. But things get a little tighter and teams throw a bunch of different things at you in post season. Hopefully they are prepared for it all.

 

You have valid thoughts, but honestly RCC9 no one in their district will get within 20-25 of them and 14-18 in the region. I believe their only losses are outside NKY and it will stay that way the rest of the year. Plus with Jeff coaching they will be prepared and that is a fact.

Dixielfan1 details please!

The game was never really in doubt from the start. Credit to Ryle as they did put up more of a fight than in game 1. Problem is if you try to stop the inside game, they(Pioneers) will kill you outside, or vice-versa. And if you are lucky enough to slow down either or both of those facets, you still have to contend with one of the top point guards in the state in Niece, so pick your poison... In this one I think the experience, talent and size of SK overwhelmed the youngsters from Union. Speaking of youngsters and youth, this game hopefully served as a lesson to them about watching what they say and post on social media, because you never know when it might come back to bite you. Never give an opponent more incentive to play harder. That being said, pretty good tournament for the Lady Pioneers. Niece named player of the game, Harmeyer and Niece named to the All Tournament team for SK, Scherr and Schwartz for Ryle.

One side note that was impressive is that every junior (4) and all 3 seniors on the SK roster received awards for Academic Achievement, having a 3.0 GPA or higher. Nice job ladies!

I'm surprised there was a blow up? On social media? I know many of the girls from ryle and they are great kids.

 

Were their messages going back and forth or something? Just seems out of character

I'm surprised there was a blow up? On social media? I know many of the girls from ryle and they are great kids.

 

Were their messages going back and forth or something? Just seems out of character

 

Not going to get into it. It's over and done. Was a little surprised myself as I know a couple of them too.

Then I wouldn't post anything like that on a message board. That makes it not over and done

Would really love to know what you're talking about considering I saw nothing on any of the girls social media accounts.

CLASSIC bluegrasspreps crap. Accusations with no proof!

Ok I'll bite...

Jsca- it was a snap chat post that a Ryle player posted after the 1st game and was copied and sent to my daughter. It was nothing bad or nasty but it did get her riled up. My whole point was you should never give your opponents more incentive to play harder against you. I have watched a lot of these kids grow up and play as they've played for the same organizations or were at the same tournaments.

Coach34-I hope this clears up the CLASSIC BGP crap for you.

Watchmen- I hope above all that this satisfies you. With your wealth of local basketball knowledge and the fact that you seem to be such a great supporter of my daughter's team, I'd love to sit and chat with you at one of their games. I'm at every game. Look me up, I'm not hard to find, as I don't hide behind a screen name.

Still have no idea what you are talking about. I saw no bad snap chat story posts. All I could find was an Instagram post by a Ryle girl of her blocking a SK player's shot (on dec.2). I do not believe that should be considered a lesson learned by the whole team. It is unfair to suggest the Ryle team acted rudely and posted specific comments to taunt the SK players.

The LIT (Louisville Invitaional Tournament) should answer a lot of questions for a lot of teams, Butler, Mercer County, Male, Simon Kenton, now where can I find that popcorn animation?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.