CNN slammed for suggesting Trump assassination scenario

jericho

i find it hilarious that people think that Obama was welcomed with open arms and not criticized before he was inaugurated or signed one law. He started under extreme criticism from many/some (whatever) on the right. Short short memories.

Totally agree about Obama facing intense criticism from the right just like Trump is now from the left. The main difference is that the MSM is really just part of the left so when Obama was getting started, he was basically loved by most of the media and Trump is basically hated by most of the media...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree about Obama facing intense criticism from the right just like Trump is now from the left. The main difference is that the MSM is really just part of the left so when Obama was getting started, he was basically loved by most of the media and Trump is basically hated by most of the media...

I give up.

Neither of those are a network running an entire segment about what would happen if the president elect was murdered.

I didn't see where I excused CNN's actions. A poster said no one else acted like this and I posted two different situations that happened on Fox News about assasinating Obama from people on Fox News. Is it different? Yes. Did it still happen on a major news network? Yes.

You think the media treated Obama in 2008-9 similarly to how it treats Trump in 2016-7? If so, then I give up too:lol2:

A major network spent months upon months upon months trying to prove Obama was born in Kenya and was an illegitimate president. Obama provided his birth certificate when he didn't have to and then that network went about trying to prove his birth certificate was false. I think the media has done damage to both of them. Which one it has treated worse is up for debate. The same way some of the media coddled Obama is the same way some of the media coddles Trump and Trump is making news outlets like Breitbart become credible in a lot of people's minds. It goes both ways. To act like the media only favors one and not the other isn't accurate when parts of the media favors one and parts of the media favors the other. Goes both ways.

I didn't see where I excused CNN's actions. A poster said no one else acted like this and I posted two different situations that happened on Fox News about assasinating Obama from people on Fox News. Is it different? Yes. Did it still happen on a major news network? Yes.

I didn't say you did.

I'm saying you're comparing completely different things.

I didn't say you did.

I'm saying you're comparing completely different things.

Yes. They are different. Endorsing the assassination of the POTUS on a major news network is definitely different than a major news network discussing the protocol if the POTUS was assassinated. I agree with you. Two different things for sure.

Yes. They are different. Endorsing the assassination of the POTUS on a major news network is definitely different than a major news network discussing the protocol if the POTUS was assassinated. I agree with you. Two different things for sure.

One was a network doing it. The other was one person's opinion.

Wait, are we saying CNN "endorsed" the assassination of Trump and Pence? Or were they just pointing out what could happen, given the level of opposition to Trump and the fact that some left-wingers are acting way crazy and might act on those impulses?

Caveat: I've not watched CNN on any kind of basis beyond occasional for a good 17 years, ever since my brother joined the Army and got sent to Afghanistan and Iraq soon after.