Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Campbell County 69 Walnut Hills (OH) 61 OT

Featured Replies

Campbell wins this one in OT. Walnut Hills had 4 techs and 2 coaches ejected. There was 77 foul calls with 9 players total between both teams fouling out. One of the craziest games I have ever attended. Walnut Hills is a very good team. They are long and very athletic and relentless on defense. This was a very nice win for the Lady Camels. The Lady Camels kept their composure all the way through this game especially with all the foul trouble. The young girls really stepped up in this game when most of the starters were in foul trouble. Great job Lady Camels!!!!

Heard it was a good game, crazy, but good.

Heard it was a good game, crazy, but good.

 

It was a hot mess.

 

Plus Taylor Clos had 46 points, 26 of those from the FT line.

It was a hot mess.

 

Plus Taylor Clos had 46 points, 26 of those from the FT line.

 

Sounds like 10th region officiating to me!

  • Author
Sounds like 10th region officiating to me!

 

I disagree. The foul calls were pretty even. Campbell had 4 girls foul out with 3 of them being starters.

Congratulations, Lady Camels. Sounded like a real challenge. Good game Taylor, especially on free throws. Keep up the hard work.

Campbell wins this one in OT. Walnut Hills had 4 techs and 2 coaches ejected. There was 77 foul calls with 9 players total between both teams fouling out. One of the craziest games I have ever attended. Walnut Hills is a very good team. They are long and very athletic and relentless on defense. This was a very nice win for the Lady Camels. The Lady Camels kept their composure all the way through this game especially with all the foul trouble. The young girls really stepped up in this game when most of the starters were in foul trouble. Great job Lady Camels!!!!

 

Yeah, I think this would qualify as CRAZY. :lol2:

Sounds like 10th region officiating to me!

 

As always, we can expect a highly intelligent post from you...keep up the good work, you make south Kenton County look like shangri la....and as always, stay classy SK :idunno:

77 Fouls! I do not see how that could be classified as a good game, no matter who you are rooting for. It sounds like a pretty painful game to watch to me.

 

I was not there but I'm not sure how you can get too upset when someone takes a jab at the officiating!

77 Fouls! I do not see how that could be classified as a good game, no matter who you are rooting for. It sounds like a pretty painful game to watch to me.

 

I was not there but I'm not sure how you can get too upset when someone takes a jab at the officiating!

 

Was not there either.

 

But I do agree. Seems like it would be tough to watch a game with 77 fouls! But maybe just one of those unique games.

 

However, the people that were there aren't blaming the refs. I get the feeling they seem to think there were a lot of fouls committed! No one that was at the game has really said anything about the offiating. So I take it that if was just a rough, physical and crazy game. Just because there is something unique in a game, doesn't mean the officials caused it.

 

I agree that is a TON of fouls, but just haven't heard anyone that was there say that's because of the officials. It might be, but some people always default to "it's the official's fault!" (Not saying that's you OB) and that really gets tiresome. Like officials have a personal vandetta against their team and their team only! Lol!

With 77 fouls, 2 coaches ejected and the police called, there was definitely something else going on besides bad officiating.

For those who were there: 1. How long did it take to play this game? 3+ hours? 2. What were the reasons the WH coaches were ejected? 3. Were a lot of fouls flagrant or just physical play? 4. Was it heated on the court and in the stands?

For those who were there: 1. How long did it take to play this game? 3+ hours? 2. What were the reasons the WH coaches were ejected? 3. Were a lot of fouls flagrant or just physical play? 4. Was it heated on the court and in the stands?

 

1. It did take about 3 hours

 

2. Player benches were on the opposite side of floor from most of the fans. Head coach ejected on his third T, asst. coach ejected on his 1st. Could not hear what was being said by the coaches. He seemed very calm during first two T's, so not sure what was said. He was very hot on his exit from the game.

 

3. Very physical play. Did not feel any were flagrant by either team. Walnut Hills played a very aggressive, full court trapping defense. The young ladies hustled. There was a lot of contact on guard penetration by both teams. A lot of blocking calls and a few offensive push off fouls. Referees were in control of this game from beginning to end.

 

4. Walnut Hills did not travel well, but the player parents were very vocal, but not out of hand or inappropriate. WH Bench was vocal and very supportive of their team. MS Girls BB night for CC made for a good home crowd getting very loud at times.

 

Both team's starters in foul trouble in 3rd. CC Coach pulled Clos/Schwarber on defense and would put them right back in on offense. Jada Scott, Mallory Busam both did a great job late against Walnut Hills center. Fun game, very physical, and got the outcome I wanted.

Edited by BubbyKY
sp.

1. It did take about 3 hours

 

2. Player benches were on the opposite side of floor from most of the fans. Head coach ejected on his third T, asst. coach ejected on his 1st. Could not hear what was being said by the coaches. He seemed very calm during first two T's, so not sure what was said. He was very hot on his exit from the game.

 

3. Very physical play. Did not feel any were flagrant by either team. Walnut Hills played a very aggressive, full court trapping defense. The young ladies hustled. There was a lot of contact on guard penetration by both teams. A lot of blocking calls and a few offensive push off fouls. Referees were in control of this game from beginning to end.

 

4. Walnut Hills did not travel well, but the player parents were very vocal, but not out of hand or inappropriate. WH Bench was vocal and very supportive of their team. MS Girls BB night for CC made for a good home crowd getting very loud at times.

 

Both team's starters in foul trouble in 3rd. CC Coach pulled Clos/Schwarber on defense and would put them right back in on offense. Jada Scott, Mallory Busam both did a great job late against Walnut Hills center. Fun game, very physical, and got the outcome I wanted.

 

I am not sure I agree with this statement 100%. I feel until Burns pulled the captains & coaches together the first time it should have happened way before that and then he did it again at halftime. This opinion came from others as well. Now granted I am not sure what was said to the girls during the game by officials but I felt at times the game became a hot mess (I am not sure of another statement to use but this). I think their "control" of the game was to call a foul. At one point I made a comment to someone there, "Not everything is a foul".

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.