Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Inbounding Question

Featured Replies

Threads like these are hilarious to me. Everyone wants to complain about the officials when, in most cases, those same people don't even know the rules.

 

Whenever I hear someone yell "over the back", I know I'm sitting next to someone who hasn't a clue.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if I understood Clyde right, the 10 second half court and 5 second inbound rules are different in the way they end their count. I love learning new things. I think Clyde should start his own "Ref Fact of the Day"

Remember that the logic used for the throw-in (i.e. the count ends at release) does not apply to the issue of the 10-second rule. The 10-second count does not end until the ball touches either the floor in the front court or touches a player who is in the front couret. So a pass released at 9 that travels a long way but doesn't touch before 10 is a violation.

 

Just to play devils advocate. What if a player is in the back court and the count is at 9. Then the player shoots the ball from well behind half court and it goes in. Do they wave off the basket and claim a 10s violation occurred while the ball was on its way to the rim?

Just to play devils advocate. What if a player is in the back court and the count is at 9. Then the player shoots the ball from well behind half court and it goes in. Do they wave off the basket and claim a 10s violation occurred while the ball was on its way to the rim?

 

This fall under "Preventive Officiating"....the answer is: No Way

Just to play devils advocate. What if a player is in the back court and the count is at 9. Then the player shoots the ball from well behind half court and it goes in. Do they wave off the basket and claim a 10s violation occurred while the ball was on its way to the rim?

 

 

Great question. I'm counting the 3.

Delete

Threads like these are hilarious to me. Everyone wants to complain about the officials when, in most cases, those same people don't even know the rules.

 

Whenever I hear someone yell "over the back", I know I'm sitting next to someone who hasn't a clue.

 

The Mount Rushmore of fan calls:

 

Over the back!

He walked!

Five seconds!

Get him off of him!

Threads like these are hilarious to me. Everyone wants to complain about the officials when, in most cases, those same people don't even know the rules.

 

Whenever I hear someone yell "over the back", I know I'm sitting next to someone who hasn't a clue.

 

So whoever yells that out don't know basketball?

So whoever yells that out don't know basketball?

 

Almost always.

Almost always.

 

I don't believe that at all.

Almost always.

 

Now yes there are some who don't but to say almost always is liking saying "NO ONE" knows basketball. Let me guess if you yell it it's the truth?

Now yes there are some who don't but to say almost always is liking saying "NO ONE" knows basketball. Let me guess if you yell it it's the truth?

 

Did I strike a nerve?

Did I strike a nerve?

 

You could never do that..

The Mount Rushmore of fan calls:

 

Over the back!

He walked!

Five seconds!

Get him off of him!

 

Come on, you forgot 3 seconds.

 

That one gets me when players are rebounding and shooting.

So whoever yells that out don't know basketball?

 

Over the back stopped being a rule like 20 years. You never see officials say over the back. The call does not exist. I think that's what he was referring to

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.