Butler 83 Iroquois 2

The bigger question is why was this scheduled? ( If this is a district game, I plead ignorance. ) This type of contest benefits no one. They would have been better off using the time for practice.

Same district so as long as they have a team they have to play each other. Iriquois only has 9 players on their roster on KHSAA and maybe they don't even have that many now. They only average 12.8 pts a game and give up 64.3 pts so it is not hard to imagine this kind of score. While I wasn't there and don't know how long the starters played for Butler I would surely hope that it wasn't as bad as it sounds. I know some will say you have to take your foot off the throttle and stop playing defense but sometimes things like this as unfortunate as they are happen. I went back and looked and yes they did win state in 2007 and went 32-3. Their games with Butler were both close games so there is no revenge factor there that is apparent. I guess the bigger question is how does a school's program drop off so far in 10 years?

Same district so as long as they have a team they have to play each other. Iriquois only has 9 players on their roster on KHSAA and maybe they don't even have that many now. They only average 12.8 pts a game and give up 64.3 pts so it is not hard to imagine this kind of score. While I wasn't there and don't know how long the starters played for Butler I would surely hope that it wasn't as bad as it sounds. I know some will say you have to take your foot off the throttle and stop playing defense but sometimes things like this as unfortunate as they are happen. I went back and looked and yes they did win state in 2007 and went 32-3. Their games with Butler were both close games so there is no revenge factor there that is apparent. I guess the bigger question is how does a school's program drop off so far in 10 years?

Welcome to Louisville high school basketball. It's a tale of the haves and have nots. You can argue whether that's a good or bad thing I suppose.

You have to know Iroquois and the community it serves. It's going to be a tough school to have a sustained period of success. There are a lot of really, really awesome people there though, and there are many other things more important for the students there than sports.