Will Joe Mixon Be Drafted?

Will He Be Drafted?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Will He Be Drafted?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not from anything I've seen. Everything I've seen is they were in an argument because he was leaving her and she got mad about it and decided to take matters into her own hands. Zeke apparently had text messages from her proving his side of the story. Considering we haven't heard anything else about it, I would say my opinion is pretty accurate.

Interesting, I thought I read where he hit her. Could be mistaken, though.

Zekes situation is different. That girl he was with was only in it for the money and found what she thought was an easy way to get some.

Not from anything I've seen. Everything I've seen is they were in an argument because he was leaving her and she got mad about it and decided to take matters into her own hands. Zeke apparently had text messages from her proving his side of the story. Considering we haven't heard anything else about it, I would say my opinion is pretty accurate.

Nothing I've read said he did. But can't say I'm an expert on the subject by any means.

There isn't one.

This is my understanding and where I sit as well.

There isn't one.
Thats the whole point I'm making. No video. If there was he'd have lost in the court of public opinion. Buckeye nation has a tendency to give their own a pass anyway, but if there was some tape, well, the golden boy would be tarnished. And deservedly so.

Thats the whole point I'm making. No video. If there was he'd have lost in the court of public opinion. Buckeye nation has a tendency to give their own a pass anyway, but if there was some tape, well, the golden boy would be tarnished. And deservedly so.

And I would be at the front of the line blasting him. I believe the charges against him were dropped. This is not the same as the Rice and Mixon stories. If you want to do some extra research to enlighten me I would certainly read it. But there is still nothing I've seen to prove Zeke did anything wrong except having poor taste in women.

• 2 months later...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/patriots-refuse-draft-oklahoma-rb-joe-mixon-assault-article-1.3012755

Patriots refuse to draft Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon because of his assault

For those who believe the Patriots have no limits on what they'll do to win — apparently, they do.

New England refuses to touch Joe Mixon, one of the best running backs in the upcoming NFL draft, because of his previous assault, according to multiple reports.

Owner Robert Kraft has had a zero-tolerance policy regarding domestic violence.

“While I believe in second chances and giving players an opportunity for redemption, I also believe that playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right,” Kraft, who was not specifically referring to Mixon, told the Boston Herald. “For me, personally, I believe that privilege is lost for men who have a history of abusing women.”

In 2014, Mixon punched a woman, Amelia Molitor, inside Pickleman’s Gourmet Cafe in Norman, Okla., breaking four bones in her face. The Oklahoma student-athlete, who was suspended from the football team for that season, accepted a plea deal. Video of the disturbing incident was released in December.

Mixon has apologized multiple times and said he promises "not to waste the second chance" given to him.

According to ESPN, Mixon has met with the Los Angeles Chargers and Denver Broncos. Representatives for the Cleveland Browns and Detroit Lions have said they'd consider drafting him.

Mixon is expected to drop down to the second or third roud of the NLF draft, which goes from April 27-29, because of the assault.

The Pats' first pick comes early in the third round of the draft.

The Pats may refuse to draft him but that doesn't mean they won't bring him in when everyone thinks he is washed up at 28 years old. Good on the Patriots for taking a moral stance but it's much easier to say you're not going to draft a dude with issues when you haven't seen what he can do on the field. They drafted Aaron Hernandez.