Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Joe Mixon Be Drafted?

Will He Be Drafted? 21 members have voted

  1. 1. Will He Be Drafted?

    • Yes
      100%
    • No
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

My issue with Mixon is he did what he did and basically received 0 punishment for it. What I'd like to see at this point is he gets suspended from the league for 2 years. From there he's served his time and I'd be good with anyone giving him a chance. I think just about everyone deserves a second chance but only after paying for their actions. Thanks to the stern Norman, OK justice system Mixon skated.

  • Replies 71
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Pats may refuse to draft him but that doesn't mean they won't bring him in when everyone thinks he is washed up at 28 years old. Good on the Patriots for taking a moral stance but it's much easier to say you're not going to draft a dude with issues when you haven't seen what he can do on the field. They drafted Aaron Hernandez.

 

Kraft promised his late wife he'd never acquire a player who abused women.

My issue with Mixon is he did what he did and basically received 0 punishment for it. What I'd like to see at this point is he gets suspended from the league for 2 years. From there he's served his time and I'd be good with anyone giving him a chance. I think just about everyone deserves a second chance but only after paying for their actions. Thanks to the stern Norman, OK justice system Mixon skated.

 

That would be a whole new can of worms opened.

Kraft promised his late wife he'd never acquire a player who abused women.

 

I ain't touching that one. :lol2:

I'm not touching his off the field issues but he is arguably the 2nd best RB in this class. I dont expect him to last past round 3.

I'm not touching his off the field issues but he is arguably the 2nd best RB in this class. I dont expect him to last past round 3.

 

Was he at the combine?

Not invited.

 

I thought that is what I heard. Be insane that he wasn't invited and still get taken.

Kraft promised his late wife he'd never acquire a player who abused women.

Driving drunk and committing vehicular manslaughter is cool though.

  • Author
Patriots refuse to draft Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon because of assault - NY Daily News

 

Patriots refuse to draft Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon because of his assault

 

For those who believe the Patriots have no limits on what they'll do to win — apparently, they do.

 

New England refuses to touch Joe Mixon, one of the best running backs in the upcoming NFL draft, because of his previous assault, according to multiple reports.

 

Owner Robert Kraft has had a zero-tolerance policy regarding domestic violence.

 

“While I believe in second chances and giving players an opportunity for redemption, I also believe that playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right,” Kraft, who was not specifically referring to Mixon, told the Boston Herald. “For me, personally, I believe that privilege is lost for men who have a history of abusing women.”

 

In 2014, Mixon punched a woman, Amelia Molitor, inside Pickleman’s Gourmet Cafe in Norman, Okla., breaking four bones in her face. The Oklahoma student-athlete, who was suspended from the football team for that season, accepted a plea deal. Video of the disturbing incident was released in December.

 

Mixon has apologized multiple times and said he promises "not to waste the second chance" given to him.

 

According to ESPN, Mixon has met with the Los Angeles Chargers and Denver Broncos. Representatives for the Cleveland Browns and Detroit Lions have said they'd consider drafting him.

 

Mixon is expected to drop down to the second or third roud of the NLF draft, which goes from April 27-29, because of the assault.

 

The Pats' first pick comes early in the third round of the draft.

 

Is he even going to be available when the Patriots make their first pick? Lots of people are saying no, so easy for them to come out with this stance.

Is he even going to be available when the Patriots make their first pick? Lots of people are saying no, so easy for them to come out with this stance.

 

Agreed. They get some attaboys though.

Kraft promised his late wife he'd never acquire a player who abused women.

Kraft is so phony I have to laugh. He signs a guy with past legal issues but comes out and says he won't draft Mixon lol. He won't draft him because he doesn't need him

and he isn't in their need list in the draft that high.

 

Sorry Pats, but you can't change your stripes. To try and act like you're holier than thou is a joke.

People are so up in arms over Mixon yet they excuse other players who have have been in trouble in the past. Laughable.

People are so up in arms over Mixon yet they excuse other players who have have been in trouble in the past. Laughable.

 

One difference, video surfaced of the incident.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.