Who's Paying For That Wall?

Clyde

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you considered what the impact on the drug trade will be by building the wall and enabling, instead of obstructing, border enforcement? Do you appreciate how much money is being spent on opioid issues alone? Furthermore, have you considered that the costs of the wall could be recovered from Mexico after its built?

Have you considered what the impact on the drug trade will be by building the wall and enabling, instead of obstructing, border enforcement? Do you appreciate how much money is being spent on opioid issues alone? Furthermore, have you considered that the costs of the wall could be recovered from Mexico after its built?

What does that have to do with the issue at hand?

ROI

That's a separate debate.

The entire campaign was built (pardon the pun) on the promise of Mexico paying for the wall.

Now we are supposedly going to pay for the wall with the HOPE that Mexico will some day pay for it. I'm not holding my breath.

What does that have to do with the issue at hand?

Trump started setting this up right before Election Day. Sometime in late October was the first time that he mentioned that the way Mexico would pay for it was to reimburse the US for the expenditure.

I still think it's completely pointless, but hey, that's the kind of shovel-ready job that'll really stimulate the economy.

One way that was mentioned to help pay for the wall was to collect a fee/tax for money sent from the US to Mexico by imimgrants sending money back to families.

I am surprising myself by being kind of against that. If you pay your fair share of tax on what you earn, you should be able to do whatever you want with your money, even if that means send it to Mexico. Although, I'd rather it stay in the US.

That's a separate debate.

The entire campaign was built (pardon the pun) on the promise of Mexico paying for the wall.

Now we are supposedly going to pay for the wall with the HOPE that Mexico will some day pay for it. I'm not holding my breath.

So, you want to wait for Mexico to write us a check before building the wall? Perhaps you would like to wait for Russia to write us a check before we upgrade our military?

Great. Ill pay my share, and you will pay yours. Nothing more satisfying than to see the left have to pay for it along with everyone else. Does not deter my support one bit, as a matter of fact it makes me even more strong of a supporter if he does it. Of course the left, being the typical leftists, will want something for free. Its the Democratic way right? :)

"I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I'll build them very inexpensively — I will build a great, great wall on our southern border. And I will have Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."

Words marked.

So, you want to wait for Mexico to write us a check before building the wall? Perhaps you would like to wait for Russia to write us a check before we upgrade our military?

You are not comprehending the issue here. The thread is not about the purpose of the wall.