Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin vs. Bell County

Featured Replies

TO the local redhound faithful, is there hope this year for the hounds. Since moving the boys and myself just can not believe the state of things in Corbin football. I saw your QB play two years ago, wow, thought 2a football for the next few years would run through Corbin. Boys I hope you pull it together before the year is out, and make a deep run into the playoffs. GL

 

Hounds 21

Bell 20

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone care to speculate as to why Bell may be removed from the schedule?

Bell Co. approached Corbin about participating in the Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic and even offered to sign a 4 year deal. That is apparently not going to happen as Corbin is slated to play Danville and Middlesboro will face Knox Central.

 

Thanks for the explanation, I didnt know anything about that.

Im gonna make the trip down from Lexington tommorow. Im pretty excited about this one.

BTW the 2 QBs, Cashen and Nelson are cousins. I dont know how close, but they are family.

Great mountain rivalry with two great teams and programs...no better game played anywhere...hope for a close game with no injuries...not going to predict the outcome here...

  • Author
Anyone care to speculate as to why Bell may be removed from the schedule?

 

I've heard everything from the T.R. Christopher transfer fiasco, to scheduling conflicts, and other stuff. I really don't know for sure so I'm not going to say it is one reason or the other. Just stating what I have heard.

Thank You Hound82 for the response. There is no reason to not play Bell, and no excuse for removing them from the schedule. Frankly, each circumstance you list, is closer to an excuse (not to play) than a reason. Playing Bell County each year helps keep the standard set high for our own program, it is hard to find better competition any closer to home that can match the playoff atmosphere of a Corbin/Bell contest.

Thank You Hound82 for the response. There is no reason to not play Bell, and no excuse for removing them from the schedule. Frankly, each circumstance you list, is closer to an excuse (not to play) than a reason. Playing Bell County each year helps keep the standard set high for our own program, it is hard to find better competition any closer to home that can match the playoff atmosphere of a Corbin/Bell contest.

Available schedule dates could be a factor, if I understand right there are only certain weeks that you can play district games next year. As far as the pigskin, who knows.

 

I wouldn't mind seeing a confidence builder just before district play next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see a totally different schedule next year except for Middlesboro..

  • Author

lets take the schedule talk over to the Corbin football thread. I'll post what I'd like to see on top of what I already know about next year's schedule.

TO the local redhound faithful, is there hope this year for the hounds. Since moving the boys and myself just can not believe the state of things in Corbin football. I saw your QB play two years ago, wow, thought 2a football for the next few years would run through Corbin. Boys I hope you pull it together before the year is out, and make a deep run into the playoffs. GL

 

Hounds 21

Bell 20

 

JD, You may or may not recall that the class that DJ was in at Corbin(last year's Sr. class) was a little low in numbers plus there were several of the top players who transferred out for one reason or another. The class one year behind(this year's Sr. class)always struggled during middle school to even have enough to field a team, but the numbers starting with the junior class are very good.

The group that Tim played youth and all-star football with(sophomore class)are a good group even though we lost 3-4 good athletes who moved(such as Timmy)or chose to concentrate on other sports.

 

I expect Corbin to have a good run in the playoffs this year and I like your prediction.................

 

Corbin 22 - Bell Co. 21

This would be a bad move cancelling this rivalry. I know Bell has won the last 3 years or 4 years I believe, but since Coach Hilton came to Bell Co. the rivalry has been back and forth pretty consistently.

It needs to keep on going, considering the balance in the rivalry.

This would be a bad move cancelling this rivalry. I know Bell has won the last 3 years or 4 years I believe, but since Coach Hilton came to Bell Co. the rivalry has been back and forth pretty consistently.

It needs to keep on going, considering the balance in the rivalry.

 

Bell has won the last two games. Going back to the 2000 season, the teams are 3-3 against each other with Bell winning in 2002, 2004 & 2005. Corbin won in 2000, 2001 & 2003.

 

After reading both coaches quotes in yesterday's "Times-Tribune", I look for the series to continue.

Could be the last time we face bell because of scheduling conflits in the future with the 6A system

I think you will still see them play Steve said he likes this game.

It was just talk I heard from people that would know, just wanting to hear everybody elses thoughts or answers. I personally would hate to see it end.

If the game is close, the Bell kicking game should be an advantage.

 

Looks like I got it right on this one. Times-Tribune headlines read, : Bell's Merrick Kicks Game Winning FG as Time Expires! The importance of the kicking game is becoming more obvious to Mountain teams. Bell controlled field position all night with the kicking game, and iced the cake with a walk-off FG as time expired. Congratulations, Bobcats! Great game!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.