Daughter Posts Nude Pics, Dad Beats Her and Gets Arrested

Wireman

I guess you and I would have been a terrible match then.:lol2:

LOL - sigh.... I just don’t get some parents views on the spanking topic –being ok with physically abusing someone in the heat of anger. And research shows it often has the opposite effect of what its intended.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL - sigh.... I just don’t get some parents views on the spanking topic –being ok with physically abusing someone in the heat of anger. And research shows it often has the opposite effect of what its intended.
And I don't understand the disconnect when folks think it's always done in a fit of rage. Research also supports positive results, so depends on who you believe.

I don't want to necessarily debate the pros and cons of spanking. I think that there is a fine line between spanking and abuse.

However, I can't be on board with spanking a 14 year old female at all. I guess that I am in the minority.

I agree with this also.

The only reason I never beat my daughter is because I might not have stopped once I started. Very strong willed; I have no idea where she gets it. Thank God she has started to realize that I actually know what I'm talking about.

God love ya...I could have written this same response word for word. :lol2:. She's my best friend now though.

And I don't understand the disconnect when folks think it's always done in a fit of rage. Research also supports positive results, so depends on who you believe.

My mom would get started, and the more she spanked, the angrier she got. I could tell you hair raising incidents. I swore I would never, and the fact that I didn't is something I consider one of my biggest accomplishments in life.

As I said before, I never spanked my children. It never seemed right for me.

My mom spanked us though. However, it was never extreme, and when it was over, it was over. She never played mind games. The rules were clear and fair. She never ridiculed us or beat us down verbally. Quite honestly, spankings were pretty rare and there were 8 of us. I grew up well adjusted, as far as I can tell.

There are lots of ways to abuse kids without laying a hand on them.

The only reason I never beat my daughter is because I might not have stopped once I started. Very strong willed; I have no idea where she gets it. Thank God she has started to realize that I actually know what I'm talking about.

Mark Twain once said, "At 18 I thought my Father was the dumbest person in the world. At 23 I was amazed at how much the man had learned in 5 years."

As I said before, I never spanked my children. It never seemed right for me.

My mom spanked us though. However, it was never extreme, and when it was over, it was over. She never played mind games. The rules were clear and fair. She never ridiculed us or beat us down verbally. Quite honestly, spankings were pretty rare and there were 8 of us. I grew up well adjusted, as far as I can tell.

There are lots of ways to abuse kids without laying a hand on them.

This^