December 30, 20169 yr Author 2nd half was pretty boring outside of hoping Briscoe got his triple double. Pretty crazy that we waiting 28 years to see one and two have happened this season.
December 30, 20169 yr Author Bam had a solid game. And oh yeah, Monk just went for 34 points. They exploded in the first half. Seemed like they were happy to be out of Camp Cal for a day.
December 30, 20169 yr Bricoe, Monk and Bam lead the way. Fox played ok and certainly had an impact on the game. The rest of the team just filled roles and made some plays. All in all not bad for their first SEC road game.
December 30, 20169 yr Bam had a solid game. And oh yeah, Monk just went for 34 points. They exploded in the first half. Seemed like they were happy to be out of Camp Cal for a day. He must have worked their tails off as they looked a little tired after putting up 60 pts in the 1st half.
December 30, 20169 yr 3rd triple double in UK history. 2nd this season. Thrilled for Brisco. I really think Willis missed that free throw on purpose. Killeya- Jones must really be in Cal's dog house. . Agree or he is hurt.
December 30, 20169 yr Killeya- Jones must really be in Cal's dog house. . I know he has played very little, but he hasn't seemed to bring much to the game when he is in. I just think there are other guys better than him currently.
December 30, 20169 yr I really liked the clam, business like approach that U.K. came out with. They played hard, dismantled Ole Miss quickly and didn't let the Rebels back in or have even a thought of that they could play with U.K. at any time. Briscoe with his triple double speaks for itself. M. Monk added a whopping 34 that seemed like just another day at the office. Bam Adebayo adds 25 w/ 7 dunks as well. Fox's outside shot was terrible, he has to improve on that but even at that he did some good things defensively and pushing the ball up the floor. I was a little disappointed in the 2nd half, last 15min were basically going through the motions and at times what imo was slacked play by the Cats. I fully realize the blowout situation and an Ole Miss team that had basically quit, mailed it in themselves. Overall this was a very good road / conference win as all road wins are a good win A&M Comes in on Tuesday night ....
December 30, 20169 yr Thrilled for Brisco. I really think Willis missed that free throw on purpose. Agree or he is hurt. Pretty sure Cal told Briscoe they'd have a missed free throw to the left about 3-4 minutes before it happened. Thought Cal was explaining it to him just before Ole Miss shot a free throw and ironically Willis cleared the board on that play.
December 30, 20169 yr Willis wasn't hitting a ton of shots but thought he played well in other aspects. Happy to see him get some rebounds. He will be crucial for March. I really hope Fox stops shooting just inside the line. Was also really good to see them feed Bam.
December 30, 20169 yr - UK has become the mid-2000 Phoenix Suns. My problem with the tempo is that when they do get into the half court, they just don't look comfortable. It is not a matter of possessing the skill set to convert, more of a lack of mental conditioning. - Bam was good, but was also alarmed he only pulled down 4 rebounds. - Gabriel is still trying to find his place. He fills a void, but it just hasn't clicked, yet. - UK needs a viable post back-up. You can see that Cal is grasping, evident by inserting Wynyard early in the contest. SKJ and Humphries just aren't cutting it. I am probably more disappointed with Hump's development, or lack-there-of, than anything else this season.
December 30, 20169 yr Hey guys...guys...Do you know how Bam got his nickname? I know! I know! He shouted "Bam" as he was rescuing Skal Labissiere from Haitian earthquake rubble.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.