Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Northern Kentucky 97 Brescia 73

Featured Replies

Norse played awful except for Carson and Drew at times.

 

Unbelievable they are 9-3.

 

Garrett could be a monster if he tried at all.

Norse played awful except for Carson and Drew at times.

 

Unbelievable they are 9-3.

 

Garrett could be a monster if he tried at all.

 

Coach Brannon didn't look too happy at times

Coach Brannon didn't look too happy at times

 

Not at all.

Norse move to 9-3. Head to West Virginia Friday.

 

From NAIA to prime time. Love the direction the Norse are heading. They need a big year to get butts in the seats.

 

I'm trying to get to a game.

Not at all.

 

But I can't blame him. They seemed lacksidasical at times and sloppy

Unbelievable they are 9-3.

 

Never would have guessed that they'd be 9-3. Hopefully they can keep it rolling quite a bit and don't let a potential bump in the road against WVU derail them. Be nice to see them come out and play a solid all around game, win or lose against the Mountaineers.

But I can't blame him. They seemed lacksidasical at times and sloppy

 

Hard to get energy when you're playing a D2 team and there area about 400 people in the stands.

Hard to get energy when you're playing a D2 team and there area about 400 people in the stands.

 

I thought they were NAIA and 2-8 at that.

They'll enter conference play at 9-4. A 7-11 conference record would put them over .500 for the year. I think that's absolutely obtainable based on how they've looked thus far. Definitely about a year or so ahead of schedule IMO. I love it!

They'll enter conference play at 9-4. A 7-11 conference record would put them over .500 for the year. I think that's absolutely obtainable based on how they've looked thus far. Definitely about a year or so ahead of schedule IMO. I love it!

 

Feels like making the change from Bezold to Brannen was the right one? :D

They need a big year to get butts in the seats.

 

I posted this in another thread (may keep posting in every thread where NKU's attendance is brought up :D ). NKU's attendance is pretty NORMAL for mid major D-1 basketball.

 

I think with UK, UofL, Xavier, UC, IU, Ohio State, etc. being so close and all drawing well, that many have a distorted perception of how college basketball at the mid-major D-1 level actually draws. NKU averaged 2,296 fans last year.

 

Here are some other teams of note:

EKU - 2,034

Murray - 3,266

Morehead - 2,920

Western - 3,671

Miami - 1,426

Ball State - 2,763

Bowling Green - 2,261

Akron - 3,351

Tennessee Tech - 1,864

Tennessee State - 2,500

Belmont - 2,536

Lipscomb - 1,794

East TN State - 3,065

 

Detroit - 2,121

Milwaukee - 2,667

Youngstown State - 2,013

Valpo - 3,572

Cleveland State - 1,911

Oakland - 3,097

 

Certainly there are mid-majors in our geography that draw well Ohio U (6,010) was one I noticed and I think everyone would love to see NKU draw better; however, they are not alone or even an outlier in their struggle to attract fans.

Feels like making the change from Bezold to Brannen was the right one? :D

 

Was wondering when that post was going to show up.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.