Kurt Barber Allegedly Under Investigation at Paducah Tilghman - Conflicting Info

Toothpick

I just opened the thread back up because I received additional information.

I was told quote:

"the Super fired him (Barber) on the spot. The principal then asked the Super to reconsider and they have been in a meeting over it"

==============

And for all you people that don't like our decision to discuss it, I don't care, because like it or not this is news...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda sounds like a "knee jerk" reaction is now being reconsidered. If the guy did something that was wrong, I'm confident the meetings will get to the bottom of it and the proper repermands handed down. If not, hopefully the relationships can be mended and all will be well.

Kinda sounds like a "knee jerk" reaction is now being reconsidered. If the guy did something that was wrong, I'm confident the meetings will get to the bottom of it and the proper repermands handed down. If not, hopefully the relationships can be mended and all will be well.

Hopefully the school system will be completely transparent but in general terms when it comes to school systems being transparent I wouldn't hold my breath.

YOU ARE FIRED!

"But Mr. Principal..you do realize that is the Head Football Coach? Let's take a second here...."

Sounds like a great topic for a thread: Do Head Football Coaches get Special Treatment?

Here's a curveball for you..maybe it was the opposite in this case?

Maybe the reason a firing preceded an investigation was because he was the football coach????? What if the principal was looking for a reason to part ways???

Not saying that's what happened by any means.. but food for thought.

Here's a curveball for you..maybe it was the opposite in this case?

Maybe the reason a firing preceded an investigation was because he was the football coach????? What if the principal was looking for a reason to part ways???

Not saying that's what happened by any means.. but food for thought.

That's what makes it such a good topic for a thread, does being the Man or the Woman at a school help you or hurt you when there is "an incident?"

Theory C:

Mama to Super- Barber slammed my boy he has to go

Super to Barber- you have to go

Principal to Super- the kid was a danger and MR.Barber was legally restraining him

Super to Principal- oh

Principal to Barber- you might not have to go

That's what makes it such a good topic for a thread, does being the Man or the Woman at a school help you or hurt you when there is "an incident?"

The whole Wayne Mills incident that happened at Bell County would fit in nicely to that discussion as well.

Theory C:

Mama to Super- Barber slammed my boy he has to go

Super to Barber- you have to go

Principal to Super- the kid was a danger and MR.Barber was legally restraining him

Super to Principal- oh

Principal to Barber- you might not have to go

Yep

One way or another someone over stepped on this one.

Now the question is...who was it?

All these possible variations are why schools need to be transparent.

And let's face it, it's our tax dollars at work, we shouldn't stand for being left in the dark.

Also remember everyone, this is where it all starts, this is where Government becomes secretive (at the school level) and most of us seem to accept it because "it's about the kids" but the reality is the secrecy gets deeper and deeper as you move up the chain of command in Government.

He is not just a coach, right? He is a legend there. Thus isn't like firing me if I was a coach.

I remember seeing Kurt Barber play, he is one of the best Kentucky High School Football players ever to suit up.

While I am on the Coach Barber side of the fence here, my guess (it is only a guess) is Coach Barber reacted to a threat and anyone that stands in judgment of those type of situations needs to carefully consider every factor before passing judgment.

WoW! I go away for a few hours and this thing has taken a good many twist and turns. I stand by my source who I trust 100% and would be in a position to know. My source since said that a press release is forthcoming and that Barber was originally fired but that they have since backed up and he is not fired but there will be an investigation into the incident and his roll. I take that to mean that the investigation will determine what or if anything happens to him.

That said, as a MF guy I am a supporter of PT. They have always been the other school that is our biggest and oldest rival. There is a lot of respect between the 2 and more so than with anyone else we play. I am not for or against Barber, I only know him in passing. I was just passing along some of what I was told by a source. If the facts are as I was told I think this will get more interesting but I do not have a personal stake either way. I take great pains on here to be credible and I have been on here since the site opened 15ish years ago and those of you who know me also know I have never been one to just throw out accusations.