Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Weird or not Weird ?

Featured Replies

Singing Happy Birthday to Jesus at Christmas dinner ? Obviously the question is directed towards Christian families . Is this tradition for some families ?

No singing but we do reflect on it being his birthday during the meal prayer. The reason for the season.

Not weird.

 

This would be weird:

 

Dear Eight Pound, Six Ounce, Newborn Baby Jesus, don't even know a word yet, just a little infant, so cuddly, but still omnipotent. We'd just like to thank you for all the races 've won and the $21.2 million, LOVE THAT MONEY! That I have accrued over this past season. Also due to a binding endorsement contract that stipulates I mention PowerAde at each grace, I just wanna say that PowerAde is delicious and it cools you off on a hot summer day and we look forward to PowerAde's release of mystic mountain blueberry. Thank you, for all your power and your grace, Dear Baby God, Amen

It's not a tradition that I would start but I don't see the harm in it if you have small kids.

When my daughter was still at home, each Christmas morning prior to opening up our presents, she would place the Baby Jesus in the Manger that was given to me on my first birthday from a Priest who was a very good friend of my Father. She and we sang Happy Birthday to Jesus, as the reason for Christmas is indeed, celebrating the Birth of Jesus Christ and then open our presents from Santa and each other. Now 67 Christmas years later, that Manger is now in my Daughters and Son-in-law home.

 

We taught our Daughter that the reason for Christmas was celebrating the birth of Jesus but we also let her enjoy the fun of Santa Claus and taught her the joy of giving.

Not weird at all! Christmas is about celebrating the birth of Jesus.

I will go ahead and admit that I think it seems weird. Say a prayer and recognize his birth. Singing to him just seems weird.

Yeah it seems weird to me, but it's not a worrisome weird. More of "Huh... I guess that's a thing you could do." sort of weird.

  • Author

Its not a tradition at my place either , we had a in law suggest it a few years ago and we did the song sometime around dinner time . It did seem a bit weird to me , wasn't bothered or anything just never thought about singing the BD song to Jesus

I will go ahead and admit that I think it seems weird. Say a prayer and recognize his birth. Singing to him just seems weird.

 

I'm with ya. Maybe odd is a better term? I don't want to put anyone down for the way they pray or honor their beliefs peacefully. Just different, nothing wrong with that.

I will go ahead and admit that I think it seems weird. Say a prayer and recognize his birth. Singing to him just seems weird.

 

We pray when we sing, correct? Yes I understand that singing Happy Birthday really isn't a prayer but isn't it the thought and action that really matters to God, when we pray?

We pray when we sing, correct? Yes I understand that singing Happy Birthday really isn't a prayer but isn't it the thought and action that really matters to God, when we pray?

 

Oh I'm not judging anyone who does it by any means. Just probably won't be my family's thing and seems a little goofy, weird, odd, whatever adjective you want to toss in. Doesn't mean it's bad.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.