Lane Kiffin to FAU

NKYknowitall

Surprised by this, but he will win and win big there IMO.

Going to a place with nowhere to go, but up and in deep-south Florida. I'm pulling for him. I've always liked the guy. I know some coaches who have gotten to be around him during the recruiting process, and they've all said he's very personable.

He has a 35-21 record as a college HFC...took over USC and 6 months after, before coaching his first game; a bomb goes off with the Reggie Bush fiasco/investigation/penalties. As we all know, USC still hasn't fully recovered yet until this year.

I like the dude.

Edited by Harry Doyle

Lane Kiffin is a great coordinator and a so so head coach. Two very different things

This is exactly why he ended up at this size school as a head coach and none of the other bigger programs came after him as a head coach. I think the success he has had at Alabama is more to do with Saban and being strictly an OC then what he can do as a coach. Alabama won't miss a beat, and Kiffen should do well there I think. I guess we will see if he learned anything about running a program while he was at Alabama.

That he went there.

My guess is after Houston turned him doen, he realized many schools would still be scared of taking a shot on him. So he knows he had to take a smaller job and hope to do well there, then to get that better job again.

I kind of wish UC would have went after him.

My guess is after Houston turned him doen, he realized many schools would still be scared of taking a shot on him. So he knows he had to take a smaller job and hope to do well there, then to get that better job again.

I kind of wish UC would have went after him.

Was his job on the line at Bama? If not, I'd have to imagine that's a pretty good gig...

I'm trying to figure out when he became such a villain?

Because he went 7-6 at Tennessee? Get in line with almost all of their success since forcing Fulmer out (and almost everybody else in the SEC at some point(s) or another since Saban came to Alabama).

Because he left Tennessee after one for his dream job?