December 3, 20169 yr God forbid, something happens to Trump (he dies) before becoming sworn in? I assume Pence would be named President in his place? Is that accurate? Also, I think Trump and Pence are flying in the same plane to some events right now (Cincy the other night for one). If so, that is a terrible idea. I thought the POTUS and VPOTUS never traveled together in case something tragic happened. What if Trump's plane went down tomorrow with Trump and Pence being killed? Who is our next president?? I really don't know but no matter who is the next president under that scenario, the country would be a complete mess...
December 3, 20169 yr 3rd in line is Paul Ryan , I just don't know how it works before being sworn in.
December 3, 20169 yr Good question. Considering the electoral college has not voted yet? Default to Hillary,, ewwwe
December 4, 20169 yr Good question. Considering the electoral college has not voted yet? Default to Hillary,, ewwwe Don't give her any ideas!
December 4, 20169 yr God forbid, something happens to Trump (he dies) before becoming sworn in? I assume Pence would be named President in his place? Is that accurate? Also, I think Trump and Pence are flying in the same plane to some events right now (Cincy the other night for one). If so, that is a terrible idea. I thought the POTUS and VPOTUS never traveled together in case something tragic happened. What if Trump's plane went down tomorrow with Trump and Pence being killed? Who is our next president?? I really don't know but no matter who is the next president under that scenario, the country would be a complete mess... They did not fly to or from Cincinnati together.
December 4, 20169 yr The did not fly to or from Cincinnati together. I would think both of their Secret Service details would have had major issues with it if they did.
December 4, 20169 yr I would think both of their Secret Service details would have had major issues with it if they did. Yup don't fly or drive together. Perfect marriage situation show up everywhere together but never have to travel together.
December 4, 20169 yr Good question. Considering the electoral college has not voted yet? Default to Hillary,, ewwwe I can hear the Clinton conspiracy theorists now...
December 4, 20169 yr Author They are already flying separate, I heard Pence mention that a few days ago. Thanks JD (and Sportsfan). I got bad information...someone told me they got off the plane together in Cincy. I do still wonder what would happen if they were both killed before the inauguration...
December 4, 20169 yr Currently the Speaker of the House becomes President if something happens to both the President and Vice President elect. I'll go with this scenario, unless Congress acts according to the power it has been given by the 20th Amendment, Section 3. This allows Congress to legislate who would fill the void.
December 4, 20169 yr I think if Trump would die before the electoral college votes, the electors would have to vote for someone else (I would assume most would vote Pence, but who knows).
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.