Thanksgiving Practice Thread

GCHS

Not a ton of teams get the amazing feeling of practicing on Thanksgiving. Luckily, I have had that opportunity twice at Cooper in the last 5 years. It is absolutely amazing. Early morning practice, parents bring donuts and coffee and watch practice. Before practice team has a light team breakfast and watch some film! It is awesome!! Nothing more awesome to me than showing up late to Thanksgiving family time and telling everyone, "sorry, I was at football practice getting ready for ____________."

Edited by KingOfClutch33
Misspelled amazing

After a 1 year hiatus Trinity will be back on the field on Turkey day. Gates for the practice will be open at 9:00 and tickets for the state semi-final game will also be on sale. With decent weather I would guess 200+ people will be there. Hot Chocolate, Coffee and Doughnuts will be served to all. Practice will start at 10 and last about an hour and a half. The team will then meet at mid-field, pray together and be dismissed to spend the rest of the day with family.

A annual affair my entire life, morning practice with lots of old Cardinals from yester year, many long ago games brought back to life by the old Cards. I use to go to Thanksgiving practice every year with my dad until he passed away in 2007. Its not the same without him but it always makes me stop and take a minute to reflect on our Cardinal football times together. Oh what I would give for just 1 more practice with him. After practice all go to spend time eating turkey with their family and friends. Great atmosphere, can't imagine Thanksgiving without the practice.

A annual affair my entire life, morning practice with lots of old Cardinals from yester year, many long ago games brought back to life by the old Cards. I use to go to Thanksgiving practice every year with my dad until he passed away in 2007. Its not the same without him but it always makes me stop and take a minute to reflect on our Cardinal football times together. Oh what I would give for just 1 more practice with him. After practice all go to spend time eating turkey with their family and friends. Great atmosphere, can't imagine Thanksgiving without the practice.

When was last time Mayfield didn't practice on Thanksgiving. I was thinking of the Highlands people, as this year, is the first time, I believe, since 2006 they haven't practiced on Thanksgiving. A lot people not sure what to do on Thanksgiving.

BG Purples take the field Thanksgiving evening inviting all former players and families to come out. Lots of encouraging words from the alumni (that still wishes they were suiting up). High School football is as good as it gets.

Not connected to the BGHS Qyarterback club but they have to be one of the best clubs in all of the state. Weekly evening meals for seniors with clergy and various motivational speakers throughout entire year. This is just 1 of MANY things QB does for the kids.

Secret of success for High School football: passionate players, passionate parents, passionate administrartors (passionate principal), passionate qb club, passionate alumnus and passionate fans. Not lip service but truly passionate = success

When was last time Mayfield didn't practice on Thanksgiving. I was thinking of the Highlands people, as this year, is the first time, I believe, since 2006 they haven't practiced on Thanksgiving. A lot people not sure what to do on Thanksgiving.

2008 and prior to that we missed it 1997. Prior to that I believe it would be 1980 and 1979. We have been fortunate and have much to give thanks for

After a 1 year hiatus Trinity will be back on the field on Turkey day. Gates for the practice will be open at 9:00 and tickets for the state semi-final game will also be on sale. With decent weather I would guess 200+ people will be there. Hot Chocolate, Coffee and Doughnuts will be served to all. Practice will start at 10 and last about an hour and a half. The team will then meet at mid-field, pray together and be dismissed to spend the rest of the day with family.

I'll be there, I'd like to meet you.

2008 and prior to that we missed it 1997. Prior to that I believe it would be 1980 and 1979. We have been fortunate and have much to give thanks for
Missed in 1999 after losing the Regional Final to Hancock County, 1997 was Murray 7-0 with opening kickoff returned and not a point scored again

Holy Cross had their walk-through this morning. Second time ever to have practice on Thanksgiving! Parents and friends surprised the players and coaches afterwards by welcoming them with cheering and high fives as they exited the field. A nice potluck breakfast was also available to all who attended.

Fern Creek had their 2nd straight Thanksgiving practice this morning. Just the usual Thursday walk thru. not many spectators a few dads watching, a couple former players. Then afterwards everyone went up to the cafeteria for a pot luck breakfast, had a lot more of the players families up there, as well as coaches families and more school staff.