Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Would you rather?

Featured Replies

Would you rather hold your helmet and never see the field for a power house with hopes of winning a 6a title or play for a mediocre 4a from the same county? It seems like some of the 60 kids that don't see the field for SK could play and start for Scott.

Well I'd say their chances at a title aren't that different either way.

I was a helmet holder for STX and we won title my junior year. I would have started at many smaller schools. I liked being part of a great team plus loved the school so it's not just about sports. Academics were top notch and I went pro in something other than sports.

I was a helmet holder for STX and we won title my junior year. I would have started at many smaller schools. I liked being part of a great team plus loved the school so it's not just about sports. Academics were top notch and I went pro in something other than sports.

 

BINGO

Would you rather hold your helmet and never see the field for a power house with hopes of winning a 6a title or play for a mediocre 4a from the same county? It seems like some of the 60 kids that don't see the field for SK could play and start for Scott.

 

I'm confused by the question. I would rather hold a helmet for a 6A power. But SK isn't one of them. So if I were in that county and mediocre 4A Scott had a chance at a title, I'd rather play for them.

Would you rather hold your helmet and never see the field for a power house with hopes of winning a 6a title or play for a mediocre 4a from the same county? It seems like some of the 60 kids that don't see the field for SK could play and start for Scott.

The problem is SK just like other NKY teams have as much of winning a state title in 6A as Scott has of winning a state title. No offense to either team but to think SK is anything other than what they have been is silly. SK just isn't the power that many of their fans think they are. This years run didn't surprise me at all. Over 50 years of playing with only 1 great run doesn't impress me. Sorry.

 

 

Now if SK were a T or St X or Male then that would

be different. SK simply isn't. SK is fairly new to winning and that winning doesn't go beyond NKY. So to answer your question. I'd rather play than not play and never win anything for either team.

Would you rather hold your helmet and never see the field for a power house with hopes of winning a 6a title or play for a mediocre 4a from the same county? It seems like some of the 60 kids that don't see the field for SK could play and start for Scott.

 

SK a 6A power????

 

:ohbrother: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

 

The reserves at SK have no shot at being part of a championship team.

  • Author

I have no dog in the fight. I just wonder why some make the choice to stand rather than play. I have no clue what the differences are between the schools so maybe academics play a role in their decision?

There are a lot of helmet holders at places like St. X and Trinity, but a lot of those guys work their butts off in practice giving the starters a great look. So when their team wins state, they know they had a big hand in it

Scott has and always will have an easier road to a state title than Simon Kenton. Our society is one of instant gratification without willingness to take a struggling program and help it grow. It is easier to go to a program that is already winning than it is to turn a program into a winner. IMO, Taylor Mill will soon realize the same growth Independence had and the culture of the Scott program will change.

I'd rather play. Most who play are playing to win and to win as many games as possible. If that leads to a championship, great. When my brother and I played sports as youngsters, WE ALWAYS PLAYED TO WIN. And if we didn't win we weren't happy but we didn't disrespect but we made damn sure the winners earned it. I, and I know my brother, could not just stand there with a uni on and watch games, not in our DNA.

I would always rather play. I just did not like sitting the bench.

Would you rather hold your helmet and never see the field for a power house with hopes of winning a 6a title or play for a mediocre 4a from the same county? It seems like some of the 60 kids that don't see the field for SK could play and start for Scott.

 

I'd rather play. Out on the field is where most of the fun is. Lots of high school players make this choice when choosing a college. They'd rather play at Div III than stand on the sidelines at BigSchoolU. It's the same thing in high school.

Scott has and always will have an easier road to a state title than Simon Kenton. Our society is one of instant gratification without willingness to take a struggling program and help it grow. It is easier to go to a program that is already winning than it is to turn a program into a winner. IMO, Taylor Mill will soon realize the same growth Independence had and the culture of the Scott program will change.

 

It might, and we have seen Scott have some success, but I think KC open enrollment will always be a factor.

What about earning the playing time at the bigger school and not having things given to. Most as many of us have found earning things is life is so much better then not

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.