Beechwood 2nd Grade Girls

bjaynes

Not exactly middle school but this year Beechwood decided to start playing boys and girls hoops in the 2nd grade. The girls had their very first game tonight and came out victorious over Villa Madonna. The BW team is coached by Brad King and Shannon Lewandowski. You might know Shannon by her maiden name, Smith, in her NKU playing days. The apple does not fall far from the tree. Shannon's daughter Rachel was the leading scorer for the Lady Tigers. Congrats girls!

Are we really talking about 2nd grade sports now....that's a little much for BGP

Agreed - although I have to say the Hebron Little Red Schoolhouse pre-school team (co-ed) is undefeated. They took down Lakeside Presbyterian 8-5 on Thursday. Close game - 2-2 at half, but LRS blew it open with a 3-0 run to start the second half.

In case anyone was wondering - juice and cookies were served at half. Game played after nap time - which might explain slow start.

Nothing wrong with watching the little kids have some fun---as long as we---the adults are behaving.

Spent several Saturdays in the Mary Queen of Heaven gym watching boys and girls first and second grade teams.

On to third grade ball---so glad we are past the wristbands!

I am so sorry that I brought up a game about 2nd graders. If you do not like it then do not take the time to comment. A former NKU player who is in their HOF coaches the BW team and I thought it would be fun to mention it and see how these girls progress.

The St. Paul vs St. Henry 2nd grade game that followed the Beechwood / Villa game was not quite as entertaining as the Wood and VMA.

Hoops at that age, while barely qualifying as basketball, is certainly a ball to watch. Those little girls (in this case) are out there giving there all and having a ton of fun doing it...and I LOVE that the parents clap for baskets made by both teams.

Not exactly middle school but this year Beechwood decided to start playing boys and girls hoops in the 2nd grade. The girls had their very first game tonight and came out victorious over Villa Madonna. The BW team is coached by Brad King and Shannon Lewandowski. You might know Shannon by her maiden name, Smith, in her NKU playing days. The apple does not fall far from the tree. Shannon's daughter Rachel was the leading scorer for the Lady Tigers. Congrats girls!

Thanks for sharing @Beech Bum

Should be fun on Friday for all of the girls when Beechwood's 2nd grade girls get a pretty solid St Paul team.

Shout out to MQH, they do a great job hosting this league.

Should be fun on Friday for all of the girls when Beechwood's 2nd grade girls get a pretty solid St Paul team.

Shout out to MQH, they do a great job hosting this league.

I will be there. It will take a UCONNesque effort by the Tigers to upend the mighty Panthers.